We arrived at the hospital to be induced at midnight. I'm such a crazy, OCD planner. I love being induced! Part of me was wondering what is like to go into labor on your own but I wasn't complaining about being able to pick my daughter's birthday either. Did you know that the 20th is the last day in November where you can have a birthday that will NOT land on Thanksgiving?
We got there at midnight and my doctor had already called ahead and asked the nurse to check me and give her a call back once I got there. Since I still wasn't very far along the doctor said to give me some pill to soften my cervix around 3 am. I wanted to cry! Why did they have us come in at midnight of they weren't going to start anything until hours later? Plus the pill had to work for four hours before they could start pitocin! I just knew that we were going to be there forever!!
But I was wrong. Thank goodness. Once they started pitocin I started progressing pretty fast. The doctor came in around 8 to break my water. I got an epidural around 930. And by 11 or 1130 I was ready to start pushing. But, my doctor and I had discussed some ways to try and minimize tearing because I was terrified of going through a repeat of elainas birth. I really wanted to keep everything in tact this go round! So we just let my body labor down and do most of the work. By the time the doctor got there a little after 1 claudia was ready to make her debut! The nurse kept telling me not to push and just breathe through my contractions while I waited for doctor Robertson to get there. I pushed once and there she was! Teeny tiny at 6 lbs and 18.5 inches long.
After elaina was born I said I would rather birth a baby a thousand times over before being pregnant again. And boy did I feel the same way again. It's so fun and exciting and such an adrenaline rush. Pregnancy absolutely sucks for me. I am not ungrateful. I love my children. But I will never be one of those women who raves about being pregnant. Ever. Just not my cup of tea. But I would skip pregnancy and do the labor thing anytime! And the one and only positive for me is that at the end of it you have a beautiful baby to show for it. Which makes it absolutely worth it.



No comments:
Post a Comment