Tuesday, September 2, 2014

moving on up

We moved! It's now the beginning of September and we've been in our new house for about a month.  It was a whirlwind moving experience that's for sure.  We closed on our new house July 29th and had renters moving into our old house on July 31st. We basically had 1 day to schedule carpet cleaners, deep clean both houses, move our furniture, and have appliances delivered.  It was nuts! I most definitely could not have done it without the help of our amazing family.  Elaina was always taken care of, and probably having more fun with her cousins than if I were taking care of her anyway! lol.  I spent all of the 30th at the old house with an emergency plumbing situation, patching nail holes, painting and deep cleaning.  By the time I was finished, I got to the new house to have an entirely unpacked (and decorated) kitchen, living room furniture set up, and beds set up and made ready for a good night's sleep thanks to my mom, grandma, and Julie.  It was amazing!

As with any house, there have been some things to be fixed and done in order to make it our own but, we love it!  It's nice to have more space, a backyard, and more room to invite people over! Houston is loving having a yard to mow.  He is very diligent right now.  We shall see how long this honeymoon phase lasts! :)

The only room in the house that is completely finished is Elaina's room.  Here's to redecorating and putting my own touch on things!  Next up: new nursery!

No comments: