Monday, July 21, 2014

seeing pink

Almost two weeks ago we found out we are having another little girl!! At the big 20 week ultrasound baby looked great, every thing measured normal which was a big relief to me.  I wanted to do a little gender reveal for Elaina to try and make having a new sibling a little more exciting.  She doesn't do too well with big changes so I'm trying to beef up the big sister/new baby thing big time!  I looked for some ideas online that would be cheap and easy.  I wasn't a huge fan of the balloons in a box thing; I thought it was a little over done. But, I knew Elaina would LOVE it.  We had a little get together at my mom's house with our family.  I told her, when we open the box if there are blue balloons you will have a baby brother and if there are pink balloons you get a baby sister!  She told me, "OOH I love balloons!" LOL.  Well good, it seems I chose correctly then!  That girl, she was so excited when she saw pink balloons! I think if they had been blue we might have had a crying session on our hand.  She was dead set on having a sister and would tell us, "I don't want a brother. I'm a girl so I need a sister!"
Well, Elaina definitely got what she wanted! And, we are all super excited.  I already bought a christmas stocking for baby sister! :)



No comments: