I absolutely cannot believe my baby girl is two years old! We had Pancakes and PJs party for her at my parents house. The girl loves her some pancakes AND some pjs. It's a fight almost every morning to get her to put on real clothes! So, we had all her favorite people over in their pajamas to partake in her favorite meal of the day. As, Elaina tells me very enthusiastically when she wakes up every morning... "Mama! It's breakfast time!"
She had a blast with all of her friends there, especially her friends from school! She couldn't believe that they were all actually at her Mimi's house! We got a princess castle bouncy house for the entertainment and they dropped it off early the night before the party, so we got extra time playing in it! I was so excited when I booked it, but knowing my little munchkin I was pretty sure she wouldn't like it. Mama was right. She loved it from afar. She thought it was beautiful. "Bouncy house byooful mama!" But, she was terrified to get in it! We finally got her inside the thing that night and it took her a full hour to warm up to it. She enjoyed bouncing in it for maybe the last ten minutes, then it was time for bed!
 |
clinging to daddy for dear life!
mom and dad had a great time! |
The next morning was nuts. I don't know what I was thinking having a party at 9:30 in the morning! I can barely get myself out of the house by 11 most days!! The party turned out super cute and super fun, buuuut I didn't get any good pictures of the set up. I was really sad when I looked at the pictures later. I was frantically setting food out and gave my camera to Houston and asked him to "take a picture of the table before everything gets eaten." In my HEAD, this meant take a picture of my pretty party decor. In HIS head it meant, literally take a picture of the table. Oh well. Poor man tried, and he did exactly what I asked for. Just imagine pretty pom poms hanging above the table, balloons, and lots of pink and white ruffled streamers ok??
 |
| best table picture I got, complete with hand and someone's water bottle. probably houston's water bottle! ;) |
For breakfast we had a pancake bar with pancakes, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, chocolate chips, whipped cream, and syrup. We had pigs in a blanket and Shipley's donuts. It's not a saturday morning breakfast in Houston, TX without some of the best donuts on the planet! And, Houston's dad made these amazing breakfast sandwiches for the adults with biscuits, sausage, egg, cheese, and he even made homemade gravy for them too! mmmm!
 |
| getting pancakes for my birthday girl!! |
Elaina was ridiculously happy to see all of her friends. She kept telling me, "Mama! Elaina SO excited!!"
 |
| Annie enjoying some donut |
 |
| lots of kiddos going crazy in the bounce house |
 |
| love these sweet things! |
 |
| our favorite charlie! |
 |
| laina and her beloved mimi |
 |
| tam tam and julie |
 |
| the other main attraction at the party was wagon rides?! who knew this would be a hit! Houston carted kids around and around and around the backyard for a long time! |
 |
| me and chels |
 |
logan, weston, and taylor playing with the lego table
I love that my parents kept it from when we were kids! |
 |
| Ashtyn was obsessed with the bubbles! |
 |
singing happy birthday!
I found a recipe for birthday cake pancakes, made with yellow cake mix and sprinkles.
I stacked them together for her pancake birthday cake! |
 |
| what a ham! just eating up the birthday love! |
 |
| testing out her AWESOME horsey Aunt Julie made! |
 |
| LOVE my awesome family! Just missing Scott and Nicholas! |
 |
| Kelley and Easton drove all the way down from Dallas to join us! Thanks Kel!!! |
After the party was over Elaina decided it was safe to get back in the bouncy house. So, we had some baby bounce house fun with Elaina and Coen. Austin even came back after his soccer game to jump some more!
 |
| lovin on my coen! |
 |
| birthday hugs from her favorite bubba |
 |
| happy birthday little one! |
And, after cleaning up some of the party stuff, we just played outside as a fam. I had to include this first picture because Coen is ridiculously adorable and I had to include the second picture because it's ridiculously funny looking. Gotta love a good old baby-hand hair-grab!
1 comment:
It turned out so cute. You throw the best parties! And I feel your pain on never being able to get out of the house before 11. It only gets worse with another one!
Post a Comment