Thursday, May 17, 2012

mommy's day

I was able to celebrate my second mother's day as a mommy.  I feel so blessed to be the mommy of my sweet little girl.  Through motherhood, I have learned so much about service, selflessness, and how much I am truly capable of loving another.  I love her sweet snuggles, her little giggles, I love watching her learn new things, and experience things for the first time.  Motherhood is hard work.  But, she brings so much joy into our little family that I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  Love you Laina Lou.

On Sunday, before church, we went over to my Grammy's house to say happy mother's day.  We brought her some flowers and just talked for a while before we had to leave.  Elaina loved playing with her Gigi!  My mom was out of town spending the weekend with my sister, so after church we just went over to Nana and Papi's house to enjoy the day and eat dinner.  Papi made some steak and baked potatoes.  Houston helped with the asparagus.  And, I made some strawberry shortcake for dessert.  It was a great day!



playing with toys at gigi's house

always snackin the day away

me and my grandpa


love being her mommy

No comments: