Wednesday, May 30, 2012

graduation day.

The big day has come and gone!  The hubs graduated from law school a week and a half ago!! It was awesome.  I know H feels like it was a little bit of a let down, just because he doesn't really feel like the work is over.  Three days after graduation he started his review class for the bar and he's been working just as hard as ever.  But, I am so so proud of him.  I'm so happy he stuck to his guns and convinced me that law school was what he needed (and wanted) to do.  After three years of hard work and sacrifice and late nights, law school is done!  I know I couldn't have survived it, especially this last year, without our parents.  They are such a great support system and willing to babysit when this (practically) single mama needed some down time.  I loved the graduation itself, too.  I loved how everyone's family was so excited for each graduate.  There was hootin and hollerin all over the place.  I thought the school might discourage it since it was a law school graduation, but they definitely encouraged it and were equally as happy and proud of the graduates for their accomplishments.  It was great!

waiting outside the doors to save some good seats

the proud parentals

Elaina had her very own seat.  She sat in it for about 2 seconds. literally.
The other 2 seconds she was actually IN the auditorium, she sat on the floor eating her snacks off the floor. Nasty.  Oh well, at the time I was just happy she wasn't crying!

grandma and aunt susie.  Grandma Harris surprised Houston and drove down from Tennessee just for the graduation!

Fo and Gaga

Already getting teary eyed.  I lost count of how many times I cried that day!



I'll be honest, Elaina was terrible!  She was so tired for some reason.  She cried pretty much from start to finish.  I'm so grateful my mom was willing to take her out and entertain her so I could watch the ceremony.  She brought her back in when Houston walked across the stage, and then took her back outside to roam around.  Sweet girl FINALLY passed out about a minute before the graduation was over!! Crazy girl.  She fights it so hard if she isn't in a bed!  Anyway, we took pictures sitting down since she was sleeping.





out like a light
H made some great friends during school and he was able to get a picture with most of his buds!
H and Sheridan

goofballs.
H and JT

So happy his baby girl finally woke up!

family pic
After the ceremony we just went down a few blocks downtown and ate lunch at Guadalajara.  SO yum. The Harris fam loves any excuse to eat Mexican food and chips and queso.  Elaina is no different.  She really got into dipping her chips in queso...and then smearing queso all over her face!






queso face!
The end.

2 comments:

G said...

Congratulations Houston!!!!!! What an awesome accomplishment! And yay for Cristina and little Elaina! I bet it is (or I guess will be once he's done with the bar) to have your husband and daddy back :)

HolliJo said...

Congratulations. That is so awesome. A few more months and we can all hang out and celebrate! :)