Elaina is just growing by the second it feels like. I just can't believe she is already six months old. I felt like I was pregnant for eternity and now I feel like her little life is just going by so fast! Every day she is doing something new.
She wears a size 3 diaper.
She wears some 3-6 month clothes but mostly 6-9 month. The only problem is that all the 9 month clothes I have are for cooler weather - long sleeves, pants - and it is still stinkin hot here! I have looked so hard for summery clothes in her size but they just don't exist right now, not even on the clearance racks. So, at least until it cools off a little more, she will be sporting some dresses that look more like mini skirts!
She still loves her exersaucer, still loves her Sophie and Helga.
She still sleeps about 11 - 12 hours at night and takes two naps during the day. Although, her morning nap is getting a little shorter.
She only rolls over, no crawling yet. Honestly, I don't think the crawling thing will happen very soon. She is just fairly content to hang out in one spot and play with one toy (or put her toes in her mouth). It's a rare occasion when she wants to roll all over the room. So, we'll see!
She is getting better and better at sitting on her own.
Diaper changes are more of a wrestling match these days. She always seems so proud of herself when she flips over during a diaper change! Like she beat me or something!
A day after she turned 6 months she caught her first cold. Poor girl. She has had some congestion and a little cough. She hasn't been super fussy. She has just liked to cuddle (and she usually isn't much of a cuddler) and she just isn't my usual smiley girl.
We went to the doctor's office today for her 6 month check up. Little miss weighed in at 16.15 lbs (50th percentile), 26.5 in long (75th percentile), and 40th percentile for head.
| my sick baby girl :( |
2 comments:
Aw look at that sick face! Poor girl! I'm gathering you up some 9 month summery things tonight. I'll either bring them by tonight, or in the morning.
Aw I hate it when they get sick! Seriously though, it's the worst. T has had a few colds in her short little life. I hate them! But, Elaina is still as adorable as ever. And I love the part about the diaper match :). Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!
Post a Comment