Friday, October 7, 2011

lovin the lake life.

This last weekend my fam (minus the little brother) all went to New Braunfels for a little relaxing weekend.  My padres rented a house that was right on the water with a little pier and paddle boats and a fire pit and a barbeque and a hot tub and comfy beds and movies and flat screens in every room.  It had everything!!  We just did a whole lot of nothing and it felt great!  It's kind of crazy how in order to relax and do nothing you have to get away.  At least I do anyway.

The first night we were there we had a little birthday celebration for me and Scotty!  It was fun to kick off birthday month :) and I was REALLY excited to get my favorite cake this year.  Thanks to my sister I got some cupcakes with yellow cake and chocolate frosting. I don't know why it's my favorite, it just is!  Houston thinks my favorite cake is boring.  So for the last few years he has my mom make a cake (for my birthday) that is one that HE really likes! Now don't get me wrong I love me some tres leches and carrot cake, but sorry to burst your bubble hubs, they're just not what I want for my birthday cake!  I think I literally ate at least 10 cupcakes over the weekend.  Yikes!
happy birthday scoot!

then we opened a few goodies.  this crazy athlete got an ipod because he broke his previous one by sweating on it too much!! ha!

my sweet sister gave me an adorable scarf and these super cute mini trifle dishes.  now I just need to have friends over so I can use them!

the next morning we just hung out outside by the lake.  the weather was beautiful and Lainey loved it!

oh you know we read a few magazines

ate a few breakfast tacos from Rudy's (p.s. they were delicious! especially the taco with chopped beef in it! what the?!)


H and I did a little paddle-boating.  It would have been great if I hadn't worked out right before we went!  I swear by the end of it my legs were about to fall off!  But it was so fun and I fell in love with so many of the houses on the lake.  sigh...someday...

Our good old friend Troy drove to visit with us for a little bit.  Yes, he is alive buried under all those med school text books!

nana and scotty did some fishing!  They enjoyed it.  And, caught a few fish!  I'm glad they had fun; I personally don't get the big deal with fishing.  It kind of gives me the creeps.  I always have this fear that the hook is going to get stuck in something...or someone.

Before we headed home we explored Gruene a little bit and ate at the infamous Gristmill.  It was SO good and sitting outside by the river was awesome.
little bit sat in a high chair for the first time! (for about 1 minute...)


We had such a fun time hanging out with our fam and eating ridiculous amounts of food!

2 comments:

HolliJo said...

How fun! What a nice little get-a-way. And I love how you said she sat in her high chair for about 1 minute. Um, Taycie is the same exact way. haha. :)

Ben N Nessa said...

Stina, why the heck do you look so cute?! LOVE the pictures....and I want to eat Elaina up...she is soooo darling!