happy 25th birthday to moi! Goodness gracious, this birthday has just kept going and going and going! I'm definitely not complaining, it has been so fun, but I've eaten so much cake in the last two weeks that I definitely need to work off some of the lbs! We started off birthday month at the lake house with my family, then the Saturday before my birthday Houston invited a bunch of our friends to go out to dinner at Amazon. I love Amazon, mainly just because I can order s'mores for dessert. I love me some s'mores! When we lived in Utah we always made real s'mores (like with a campfire) right around my birthday (or even ON my birthday) and it was so fun. Well, in the good old state of Texas in the month of October it's usually still way too hot to make s'mores the real way, so table top s'mores will just have to do! After dinner some of us headed to the movies to see Moneyball. We needed to prolong the evening to make good use of our free babysitter! :) Moneyball was just ok, but it was fun to go to the movies!
 |
| me and the madsons |
 |
| some of the girlies |
 |
| me and my sweet hubs - not only did he get me s'mores but he also got a whole tres leches for the table. ay - I told you I'm on cake overload! |
 |
| stac face came too!! |
On Sunday we went over to Houston's parents house for some presents and brownies! Special points to Houston for doing some majorly good birthday present buying. He and his parents went in on some adorable winter boots! I haven't worn them yet because it definitely isn't even remotely chilly here, which I'm a little bummed about. I could tell Houston was a little disappointed they were just sitting in my closet but I had to remind him that just because I haven't worn them yet it doesn't mean I don't like them! It's funny how excited a girl can get about a cute pair of shoes!
 |
| got some crafty crap as H would call it |
 |
| celebrating my birthday with my sweet munchkin. |
Monday, my girly girls took me out to lunch at Chipotle. It was delicious! I'm also a total space cadet these days and was all ready to go to lunch, Elaina was buckled in her car seat, and I spent 10 minutes destroying my house looking for my car keys!! Ugh! I annoy myself so much! I just need to super glue the keys to my hand or something. I lose those things all the time!! Luckily, Tamra was willing to come pick us up on the way, otherwise I would have missed my own birthday lunch!
 |
| tam tam, chels, and sadster |
 |
| the birthday mama and my baby girl |
 |
| with ju and austin (and crazy face laina!) |
 |
| my other amazing birthday shoes! |
Chelsea, Tamra, and Julie all bought me a pair of new heels! Seriously everybody out did themselves with the birthday presents this year! Makes a girl feel really special.
Monday night we went out to Cheesecake Factory with my padres. We sat outside which was fun but it was pretty dark out so I didn't get very many pictures. But, the birthday presents just kept on coming!
 |
| sick pic |
My parents surprised me with Taylor Swift tickets!!! I told Houston back in the summer that I thought it would be so much fun to go and then I just put it out of mind and kind of forgot about it! Sweet hubs told my parents and I'm SO excited to go! I love a good concert and Taylor is just so cute. Can't wait to see her in concert!
 |
| my sweet family - I don't know what she was doing in this pic but I do know Elaina was definitely ready for bed |
Tuesday at work my office had a little birthday celebration for me too! They had planned on doing lunch from Cafe Express and a red velvet cake. When I found out that was the plan I seriously felt so special. I think this was one of the things I really liked the most about my birthday. It was something so simple but it just meant a lot to me that the ladies in my office have paid enough attention to know some of my favorite things. I don't think I've ever said Cafe Express is one of my favorite restaurants, they just have noticed that I bring it in for lunch from time to time. They also remembered that whenever we order cupcakes for office meetings I always ask for red velvet. I don't know. I just thought it was sweet that without mentioning anything, they already knew what I would love! I love my job!!
 |
| my office birthday cake |
Weeks ago Houston asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday. I told him I didn't really care, I like it when he plans it, the only thing I really wanted was to go to RA. It could be on a date, it could be with a bunch of friends, I didn't care, I just wanted to go to RA at some point in time! So, Wednesday that's what we did!! And, it was SO good. I'm still dreaming of the Ra-ckin roll. Just can't beat sushi with crab, guacamole, and spicy fried shrimp.
 |
| my ra-ckin roll |
I picked up Houston from his office and we went for happy hour. It was delicious and we definitely ate way too much, but we were happy campers.
 |
| my darn camera has been dropped on its head one too many times. it takes some crazy pictures these days. |
After din din we walked around the shopping center for a little while, perused Anthropology, roamed Barnes and Noble. It was a fun little date with my main squeeze - exactly what I wanted!
 |
| hahaha!!! I had to get a picture of H in Barnes and Noble - reading comic books!! Oh my... nerdalert! :) |
And...that's the recap of my 25th birthday marathon.
3 comments:
HOLY FREAKIN AMAZING BIRTHDAY!!!! Love the high heels and am excited to see you wearin' the boots :) You are darling, you have tremendous style, and I love you. Happy Birthday MONTH for 16 more days, too :) xoxox
Happy birthday! Sounds like an amazing time!
Wow. That is one awesome birthday extravaganza! :) Glad you had such a great time! Can't wait to see the new boots!!! And happy birthday :)!
Post a Comment