Tuesday, June 21, 2011

happy padres day

Father's day this year was quite festive!  We blessed Elaina on Sunday (which will have it's own post) and both of our families got together for it, so we had father's day dinner all together!  I loved it!  It was so nice for me to have both of our families in one spot, it was so fun, and I liked not having to party hop all day long!
There were so many dads around opening presents took forever!!  It was like Christmas!!  I thought it was fun but Austin definitely tapped out sooner than later, and I actually think some of the dads did too. :)

 We decorated a little bit for dinner with tie cupcake toppers

 and we tied ties (and by "we" I mean I asked Forrest to do it because I sure don't know how to tie ties!) on the back of the chairs where the dads were sitting

 can you guess whose chair this was??



me and my uncle lee.  he came in town for father's day and elaina's blessing.

julie and mckayla.  I think this picture is one of my new favorites!

my sweet grandpa and elaina.  he will be 95 in a month!

 For my dad's gift I promised him a trip to float the river with me and Houston.  But, he needed something to actually OPEN because that just makes it more fun!  I saw this pool floaty at WalMart and knew it was the perfect present :) I know my dad so well!  I bought it just knowing it would make for a good picture and the second my dad put it on his head it just made me smile.  Goofy dad, definitely didn't disappoint!

 Austin made the cutest card for Nick!  It kind of made me cry a little, and laugh a lot!  He told all the things he loves about his daddy and Julie wrote it down for him. It was so cute.

 happy first father's day fofo!

 Forrest made a really sweet card for Victor.  It had a picture of Victor in scrubs when Forrest was born, and Forrest in scrubs holding Haylie.

swimming with daddy on father's day
 after dinner Houston took Elaina outside while we were cleaning the kitchen.  Somehow sitting by the pool turned into standing in the pool turned into swimming in a diaper! I swear...that girly has so many cute bathing suits and every time I take one with us we don't go swimming, and every time I don't have a bathing suit for her she ends up in the pool!
oh well she still looks cute :)

Happy father's day to all the sweet daddies in my life!  Grandpa, Papi, Avi, Houston, Nick, Forrest...you are all amazing dads and I'm grateful to have each of you in my life!

3 comments:

HolliJo said...

Oh my gosh. SO cute. I love the pool pictures. We blessed Taycie yesterday too! Haha. Great minds think alike :). Miss you guys tons.

Daniel and Kylie said...

seriously stina, can she get any cuter? looooove those curls!

Kyle and Heidi Clarke said...

oh my goodness. She is so adorable. You guys make some cute babies!! Happy Fathers; Day, Houston!!