This last weekend my mom and I drove up to Dallas to help throw a baby shower for my friend Kelley. Whew! Talk about an adventure with a two month old. She did great on both drives, there and back, but the little diva baby did not take well to having her schedule thrown off once the car was turned off. Poor thing didn't take very good naps since we weren't at home and it was loud and busy, then she wasn't in her own bed so she decided to forget how to sleep through the night! And, because she didn't get much sleep she was a major grump...this poor mama got very little sleep herself, so I was a major grump...wonder where my child got it from!! It's also a wonder what make up can do for a face!! I'm so so grateful my mom came with me. Mimi worked over time taking care of Elaina while I was doing baby shower stuff. I definitely couldn't have done it without her! Love my mommy!
But, I'm SO glad I was able to be there for Kel. I'm so incredibly excited to meet little Easton in the next month. And, Elaina is so excited to have another little friend. Our Fab 5 Family is just getting bigger!! Here are some pictures from the weekend...
 |
| cobbler in a jar as party favors |
 |
| the sign in table - I remembered Kelley telling me how much she loves this children's book so I got it and we used it as the sign in book. Everyone wrote a little note to Easton so when he is a little older he can look back and see how excited everyone was for him to get here! |
 |
| We played "Blue or Pink, what do you think?" for our game. I just made a poster board with a bunch of newborn pictures on it and everyone has to guess whether the baby is a boy or a girl. The majority of the pictures I got from my friends' blogs...can you find your baby?? |
 |
| mason jars and paper straws for drinks |
 |
| it's not a southern shower without petit fours. I LOVE how the elephants turned out! So cute! |
 |
| the food table, complete with all of Kelley's favorites |
 |
| mini mac and cheese in parfait glasses |
 |
| we couldn't come up with something to put in the vases for the sidewalk hooks - flower arrangements would wilt outside it was so dang hot, candles in the middle of the day (I think not), scraps of ribbon? that was really stretchin it - then my mom thought of potting outdoor flowers in the vases. Genius mommy!! It turned out so cute!! And, now my mama has some pretty flowers to go pot in her yard too! |
 |
| the guest of honor opening her presents. We got her the diaper bag she really liked and I love it! |
 |
| Me and Kelley |
 |
| the fab 5 back together again. It was the first time in 2 and half years all five of us had been together at the same time! |
 |
| fab 5 and our fab mamas! |
 |
| and....Miss Elaina at the end of the day! I feel ya baby girl! |
2 comments:
LMAO!!! I love that girl!! As for mom...genius for sure!
Aww little Brooks was 7 ! Hahah cute idea!
Post a Comment