Thursday, June 23, 2011

show us your singles

I love reading Kelly's Korner and Show Us Your Life Fridays are some of my favorite blog posts.  That is actually what got me hooked on Kelly's blog a few years ago!  But, I've never participated until now.  Troy is one of our closest friends and I just thought it might be fun to write a little post for him!

I know I'm probably a little biased but Troy is a great catch! Since he is always so busy with school stuff he doesn't get a ton of opportunities to get out and meet the ladies so I thought I'd try to get him a head start and help him out a bit! :)

 Troy is incredibly smart and dedicated; he currently attends medical school in San Antonio.  He devotes a lot of time to his studies, setting goals, and accomplishing them.  He has achieved a lot in his academic career - graduating from BYU with a degree in neuroscience, participating in medical research at Harvard, and now has two more years left of medical school.

He is active in his church and loves the gospel of Jesus Christ.  He is fluent in Spanish after serving a two year mission for his church in Honduras.  That's how he and Houston became friends in the first place!

He loves his family.  He grew up in Oregon and his parents still live there, he has three younger brothers and one older sister, one brother in law, two nephews and one niece.

He is a sweetie and always comes up with the funnest, most creative dates.  He likes medical stuff (duh), politics, working out, hanging out with friends and family, traveling, having fun, and drinking milk :)  So, if you're interested or know someone we can hook him up with just let me know!

16 comments:

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

Troy sounds like an amazing guy! I am in Fredericksburg, only an hour away!

I would love for you to share my info with Troy.
http://katieslifejourney.blogspot.com/2011/06/show-us-your-life-singles-edition.html

k.e.klohn@gmail.com

Thanks for sharing about him!

Allison said...

So glad you posted about Troy! Would you share this entry about my sweet friend, Allison with him, please? :) Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for Troy!

http://thekaysblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/whos-that-girl.html

Carrie said...

Troy needs to check out my friend, Ashley #78. I don't have her email address with me or I would post it :)

Anonymous said...

He seems like a great guy!
I wish that I lived closer. Here is my post in case he is interested...http://jsinglegirl.blogspot.com/2011/06/im-single.html.
I'm 27, a teacher, and live in Virginia.

Debbie said...

Sweet post about Troy. Please look at #50 on Kelly's blog. Absolutely Amazing Ashley. Thanks.

brennan said...

This guy seems great :) My best friend would be perfect for him!! She actually lives in Abilene, TX so it wouldn't be too far away!! She is great Christian girl and loves the Lord. Email her at mb_kouba@hotmail.com if you think he would be interested!!

natalie_hope said...

He would be perfect for my best friend (I'm posting from her account) :) She's an Aggie and will be graduating in the Fall. She is cute, smart, and so sweet. She is a big fan of BYU & is LDS. If interested, please contact her at: natalie.h.parker@hotmail.com

Rachel Marie said...

Hey! He seems like a sweet guy!
Here is my blog if he is interested too :)
http://rmrosser22.blogspot.com/
Rachel

Anonymous said...

He seems like a really great guy! I just got out of a very bad past relationship...I live in Dallas and actually work in the medical field too. I would love to get to know him!

http://southernstrong.blogspot.com/

Jenna said...

I loved your post about Troy... He seems so fun and sweet. It sounds like we have similar values ans interest... I am heading out to Haiti for missions in two weeks! I live in Arkansas right now but if he'd like more info check out my friends blog... I am number 184 :).
Or you can email me at Jen.Aubain@gmail.com.

Mark and Cari said...

My friend is interested in Troy. She grew up in MO, lives in Ft Worth, but is a HUGE Oregon Ducks fan. Please e-mail me and I can e-mail you her info. carinburnett@yahoo.com

V said...

live in Dallas. check out my blog!

http://vdwhite.blogspot.com/
vdwhite418@yahoo.com

Nicole said...

I live in Houston and am currently in school for nursing. Sounds like we might have a lot in common! I would love it if you would share my info with him :-)

http://shinelikeoneinamillion.blogspot.com/2011/02/about-me.html

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=830360130

Katie said...

Hey,
My name is Katie, and I am 27 years old. I live in upstate NY and work as a Certified Nurse Midwife. I love what I do and see it as an opportunity to love and serve other, in times of joy and sorrow. I am passionate about my relationship with Jesus and am so grateful for what He is doing in my life to make me into the woman he has for me. I love serving in youth group and have a heart for missions (since my brother is a missionary). I enjoy traveling, reading, playing soccer, and spending time with my amazing family and friends. Email me back if interested. Thanks. katiem1984@aol.com

Emily said...

Hi, My name is Emily, and I am 32 years old. I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I am a pediatric oncology social worker. I love what I do! Troy sounds like a fun, sweet guy. If he is interested in contacting me, he can reach me at ehelms1@cox.net.

Jenna Mitchell said...

I know this is super late and I don't even know if this will notify you that I wrote, but I saw this post a while ago and I thought Troy would match up great with my best friend Sarah! She was in a relationship at the time, but is newly single so I thought I would give this a shot! She is about to start grad school at Baylor in higher education and she has a passion for Honduran children and her dream in life is to move there to teach and become fluent as well! If you get this and Troy seems interested then please email me and I would love to tell you more :) my email is jenna_mitchell@baylor.edu