Wednesday, May 4, 2011

man of my dreams

You're my Better Half

Car door slams, it's been a long day at work
I'm out on the freeway and I'm wondering if it's all worth
The price that I pay, sometimes it doesn't seem fair
I pull into the drive and you're standing there
And you look at me
And give me that come-here-baby smile
It's all gonna be alright
You take my hand
You pull me close and you hold me tight

It's the sweet love that you give to me
That makes me believe we can make it through anything
'Cause when it all comes down
And I'm feeling like I'll never last
I just lean on you 'cause baby
You're my better half

They say behind every man is a good woman
But I think that's a lie
'Cause when it comes to you I'd rather have you by my side
You don't know how much I count on you to help me
When I've given everything I got and I just feel like giving in
And you look at me
And give me that come-here-baby smile
It's all gonna be alright
You take my hand
Yeah you pull me close and you hold me tight

Well, you take my hand
Yeah you pull me close and I understand

It's the sweet love that you give to me
That makes me believe that we can make it through anything

Oh baby, it's the sweet love that you give to me
That makes me believe we can make it through anything
'Cause when it all comes down
And I'm feeling like I'll never last
I just lean on you 'cause baby
You're my better half

Oh, oh baby you're my better half
Ooh, hey baby you're my better half

our first summer nights 2005


the day I got baptized July 2005


dancin' fools Aug. 2005 - how he won me over ;)


Vegas Sept 2005


Dec 2005 - trying to woo me! haha read the table!


happy new year 2006


crazy college late nights at the IHOP - spring 2006


Magic Mountain June 2005


Lake Piru, CA


Santa Barbara, CA


pretty much sums up our relationship! :) Newport Beach July 2006

Balboa Island July 2006



boating Deer Creek Reservoir UT Aug 2006


we're engaged!!! Aug 2006


watching our beloved cougars Sept 2006


ditto.


my 20th birthday Oct 2006


actin a fool Oct 2006


we like each other

a cat and a creeper...I mean cool 70s disco guy - Oct 2006

Julie's Wedding Nov 2006

Engagement Pictures Nov 2006


me and the WalMart Santa Dec 2006


being good examples of reverence April 2007


Mt. Timpanogos Temple April 2007


me and my BYU graduate April 2007


we got married!


May 4, 2007 Houston Texas LDS Temple


love you forever


cruisin in caymen May 2007


cozumel may 2007


oh you know...the norm


carnival conquest may 2007


Las Vegas LDS Temple Sept 2007


dancin it up...again! Sept 2007


Vegas again! Oct. 2007


we're big drinkers ;) Oct 2007


Squaw Peak UT Nov 2007


BYU v. Utah game Nov 2007


Christmas Card picture bloopers! Dec 2007


Ok, here's the real one


our first Christmas Dec. 2007


happy new year Jan 2008


gettin our redneck on. Cedar City UT Jan 2008


hey valentine! Feb. 2008


spiffed up for Austin's baby blessing March 2008


roughin it in Midway UT April 2008


Harley joined the family! May 2008


1 year down! May 2008


eating the top tier of our wedding cake - June 2008


Austin, TX - June 2008


Orem Owlz game - Aug 2008


hiking the Y - Aug. 2008


true blue fans - Sept 2008


happy 22nd to me! Oct 2008


dedicated cougar fans - Oct 2008

nerd alert and a bumblebee

happy halloween 2008

grubbin at The Pie, SLC, UT Nov 2008

more foosball! Nov 2008

our first Thanksgiving dinner prepared all by ourselves! Nov 2008

Christmas card photo shoot Dec 2008

merry christmas 2008

playing in the mud in Cedar City Feb 2009


soaking up our last days in UT - April 2009


I did it! April 2009


2 years down! happy anniversary babe! May 2009


Astros game May 2009


yay for fireworks! July 2009


wait, do we like BYU football??
BYU v. Oklahoma, Dallas, TX Sept 2009


the big 2-3! Oct 2009


happy halloweeeen 2009


another year, another Christmas card!

merry christmas yall! Dec 2009


ringing in the new year, Jan 2010


being faithful servants fulfilling our calling as stake DJs. Happy Valentine's Day Feb! 2010


Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo! yeehaw! March 2010


spring break in san antonio march 2010


me and my hubs getting ready for some tasty Mexican, March 2010


coolest youth leaders/DJs around, Round Top, TX April 2010


returning to our Alma Mater, May 2010


hiking the Y, again. May 2010


Astros game May 2010


movie date night at the drive in, June 2010


eating out. what we do best! July 2010


kayaking in Galveston, TX July 2010


Corpus Christi, TX July 2010


USS Lexington, July 2010


this is a picture of us right?! how we told our family about our new addition! August 2010


another year another birthday! Oct 2010


happy halloween from some sweet cavepeople Oct 2010


It's a girl!! Nov 2010


Christmas card photo sesh 2010


Merry Christmas 2010


being artsy fartsy at an art gallery, Dallas, TX Jan 2011


Feb 2011 - partying it up with our nephew


dedicated law school student and dedicated law school wife.
J Reuben Clark Law Society Conference, Dallas, TX Feb 2011


wait, we like BYU basketball too! BYU v. TCU Feb 2011


celebrating the birthday boy March 2011


loving our sweet baby girl April 2011


our family of 3

I know I know, it's a lot of pictures of Htown and me! But, I had so much fun going through all of our pictures over the years as I put this together. It took forever but I loved looking back over our 6 years together, remembering funny things, missing friends we don't live by anymore, realizing things about our relationship and about us that I never noticed before...

- we really like BYU! (ok, I had noticed that already!) but it was so fun to see all our BYU pictures at different games over the years. I can't wait to take my kids and teach them all about Cougar football.
- we can be kinda silly sometimes. Houston is more than I am, but that's why I love him. He helps me be light hearted and fun. The majority of the silly pictures were of just him so they didn't make the blog cut!! But, they made me laugh as I was looking through all of them!
- we've done a lot of fun things together and been a lot of fun places
- we like to eat out a lot! (ok, I already knew that one too! but the pictures made it even more obvious) It's a wonder we don't weight 300 pounds.
- I had never sat down to think of how many times Forrest has taken our picture. But it's a lot! And every picture is awesome! From, our engagements, to our wedding, to every single Christmas card I've sent out, to our newborn pictures I'm posting up next! Forrest if you read this...thank you! I'm so grateful!

So, Houston, after 6 years together and 4 years of marriage, 1 dog, 1 house, and 1 baby later, I still love you. I love you more than I did the day I married you. I love you more today than I did yesterday. Sometimes you make me smile and sometimes you drive me crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm glad I picked you. I'm glad you picked me. Eternity will definitely be fun and entertaining with you by my side :) You're my biggest supporter, my biggest fan, my better half, and I love you more than anything!

5 comments:

Shara said...

Aw that is the cutest post ever! I am happy you two have your little Elaina. I want to meet her so bad! You guys are awesome and we miss you like crazy! I had fun looking at the pics too :) xoxox

The Pack's said...

Love this post! I can't believe yall have been together for 6 years and married for 4! It was fun to take the journey with you through all pics! Happy Anniversary.

Julie said...

Love this post! Happy Anniversary!

HolliJo said...

SO CUTE. I love it. It was fun to realize we were there for a lot of those pictures and memories ;). Happy Anniversary guys! Hope you're doing well!

Ben N Nessa said...

You are SO cute! I love the post, too...and I was thinkin the same thing, "Goodness they have TONS of PICTURES together!!!", which is awesome! I loved going through your photo journey of the past 6 years. We miss you guys so much, and are looking forward to seeing pictures of you guys WITH Elaina from now on! Btw- her announcement is GORGEOUS!!!! I got 2 others in the mail and lil Miss Harris' announcement is BY FAR the cutest!