Elaina's nursery is done! (or as Houston likes to call it...her luxury suite) After lots of hard work, mainly from the husband, its finally finished and ready for baby!
here's my handy man, hanging chandeliers and window panes and curtains and shelves and pictures. you name it he put it up!
sanding my rocking chair we got off of craigslist. he painted it the next weekend but I forgot my camera that day! I attempted to help but then my arm got tired so I took a permanent break and "supervised"
And...ta da! The finished product!

when you walk in, first you see this painting. It was a wedding gift from one of my cousins; he's a professional artist. In the past it has been seen multiple places in the two homes we have lived in. I remember the last time we went to visit them (almost 10 years ago?) he told me he wanted to paint me a shirt and asked me what colors I like! I'm pretty sure these were the colors I told him and a few years later he remembered when he painted this for our wedding! so sweet! As I was planning the nursery I realized, hey, I really do like these colors! The painting matched perfectly, so now our little girl has a gift from our wedding hanging in her room.

a view of the whole room

I got the chandelier at Ikea of all places and the window panes from Adkins in downtown Houston. It's this huge old house just full of antiques and random/awesome old things. I went looking for window panes, these are actually cabinet doors, but I originally bought them last may and planned on painting them and putting them up in my living room. Well, I didn't get around to painting them very quickly and Houston finally got sick of seeing them and put them outside in our storage closet. A few months later we found out we were going to have a baby and I just knew I had to wait and see if it was a girl because if it was these were definitely going in her room! They were already the perfect shade of pink!


these prints were a christmas present from forrest and julie but I not so subtly hinted that I wanted them. They were from Sugar Fresh on Etsy and I LOVE them. It was so fun because she customizes your image and lets you pick what colors you want in the design to match your room/decor. Love it!

my craigslist rocking chair that my husband so sweetly painted for me! I love the color. It still needs a cushion or chair pad but I'll get to that sometime soon. I hung my vintage looking mirror on the wall above the rocking chair. This mirror was a college graduation gift from the mom of one of my best friends from high school. All the girls in our little group from high school are still really close and she gave each of us the same mirror with a really sweet letter about looking in the mirror and remembering our friends, the past, seeing the future, etc. It was really sweet and I wish I remembered exactly how she worded it, but I love that my little girl gets to have all these special, sentimental items in her room!

and of course to finish up, a picture of the chandelier in all it's glory. Houston thought this was a little over the top...just a little! But I'm pretty sure he has been converted and sees my ways now! Every baby girl needs a chandelier in her room!
6 comments:
Whoa. I'm with Houston - luxury suite! Everything turned out so fantastic. It is adorable. Great job! Want to come do mine?! haha.
It looks great!
The room looks beautiful! She will love it.
It looks amazing! What a beautiful and peaceful room.
What a beautiful room! I found you through the link-up! :)
LOVE it! Beautiful colors!
Post a Comment