well, for my memory and posterity's sake, here is a little recap of our february 2011.
1. Happy Valentine's Day!
I walked into work and was greeting with these lovelies sitting on my desk. I guess Houston dropped them off on his way to work before I got there! Isn't he the sweetest? I know not everyone is like me, but I'm not a huge fan of the red rose bouquet. I love that my hubs always picks out my flowers himself (probably to the florists chagrin!); it always makes it more special.
and...I'm just now noticing all the BYU stuff in this post. My desk alone has a BYU scentsy thing (courtesy of my boss!) a BYU Lavell Edwards stadium background on my computer and a BYU mouse pad. Man, you'd think we're proud alum or something? Just wait...there is more to come.
happy valentine's day babe! we agreed not to buy gifts this year because we had just spent a fortune replacing all of our electronics in our living room (electrical power surge + broken surge protector = fried tv, fried cable box, fried blu-ray, and funky surround sound!) but I couldn't resist a little something! Miss El will be ready for football season come fall! Thanks hubs for modeling the matching bow so well!
2. J. Reuben Clark Law Society Conference - Dallas, TX
Welp, the J. Reuben Clark Law Society is an international group for LDS attorneys. They also have student chapters and H just so happens to be the president of said society at school. I guess they have a yearly conference and this year just so happened to be in Dallas. Houston wanted to go to the conference and I'll never pass up an opportunity to go visit my high school girlies so a road trippin we went!
Here we are at the welcome dinner. It was good ol' Texas BBQ. Maybe I'm lame but H got after me for not wearing my name tag. Whatev! I'm not going to see these people again! But I did make sure that Houston found us a seat at dinner next to a married couple. I wanted someone to talk to about things other than law school!
the dinner was complete with pecan pie, armadillo races, and country dance lessons. I kept joking with H about how I've never seen an armadillo alive before - only as roadkill! They were funny lookin little guys.
3. Dallas day 2
my girlies and I went shopping while the hubs attended all the conference mumbo jumbo. This happened to be the same day as the BYU/TCU basketball game and we could not pass up the chance to see the Jimmer in person. We tried to get tickets but they were all sold out so we (the girls) promised Houston that we would drive out to Fort Worth to see if we could buy any outside of the stadium. Well, I'll be honest NONE of us actually thought we would get tickets!! We were all ready to watch the game at a restaurant/bar in FW and my mouth was already watering for buffalo wings! Well...
he happily proved us wrong!!
watching the game!
So, he was on a roll and right again. There was a big meeting of BYU alum waiting to hear Coach Dave Rose speak. It was pretty fun!
After hearing Dave Rose we received a personalized tour of TCU from the k-chap, took some pics in front of the froggy fountain, and got some grub at the local Fuzzy's Tacos.
Kristen and Kelley
Stacy, me, H
1 comment:
That BYU outfit is adorable! I love it! :)
Post a Comment