Ok, I may be a little biased, but I'm pretty sure I have the best family and friends a girl could ask for. And they threw baby and me pretty much the best baby shower I've ever seen. I am so grateful for all the love, thought, time, and effort that went into planning it. And I'm also so grateful for all the people who came to share it with me. I know I teared up quite a few times! I feel so blessed and I know this baby girl will have lots of people around that love her very much. Here are some pictures (and by some I mean a TON) of all the beautiful details!
They took a picture of me just as I walked in. I was shocked looking at all the favors. Julie kept telling me I would like them, but that was an understatement! They were these awesome picture frames/memo holders/recipe holders/whatever you want to clip on the clip holders. I can't imagine how much time went into making every single one of those! Miss Elaina has one sitting on the shelf in her room, just waiting for a picture of her! You can also see the embarrassing display of my baby pictures; my personal fav being the hideous hospital picture complete with baby mohawk!
walking up to the house this is what you were greeted with!
this...
and this... (this E is also sitting in her room now!)
and these! I LOVED the flowers. My friend Jess out did herself this time! These sidewalk hooks were purchased for my sister's wedding and they have seen some extensive use since then. I love the mason jar vases and tying the vases to the hook with jute. SO cute! And definitely something different than the usual bowls that hook onto them!
the diaper cake! I was absolutely obsessed with this preciousness! I think the hippo on top complete with headband and poofy clip and lacy skirt just did it for me! I brought it home and Houston couldn't understand why I wouldn't take it apart!! It was just too cute!! Thanks Lisa!
getting the food table ready
the ruffle-y cake! yum!
the advice tree complete with lace and beads! love it! and I love all the advice I got too!
my friend charlene came! She had her baby two days later. I'll admit I'm a tad jealous!
all the party people playing a little game.
I don't know what you would call this...the gift tower/fountain/tree? The night before the shower Jess sent me a text saying she had to borrow a truck to move something for my shower! That kind of blew my mind!! As soon as I saw it I knew what she had to move. They used this garden tower thing from her mother in laws house to put the gifts in. Such a cute idea!
opening up presents!! Thanks everybody!!
"my girls"
my girlies from high school came for the shower and so did their mamas! I know have a picture like this from my bridal shower, wedding, and baby shower! Love it and love them!!
stacy, me, kelley, and kirsten (only missing nicole!)
me and the other prego. Can't wait for Elaina's boyfriend to get here these summer!
the other special ladies in my life! Don't know what I would do without them!
sisters are the best!!!
kelly, chelsea, diana, me, jess, julie, tamra (and jacquelyn is missing!)
all my bffs who helped make the shower so amazing. I can't begin to describe how incredibly grateful I am and how blessed I feel to have friends like these!
and after cleaning up I just needed picture to prove that Jess really did load up a truck full of shower decorations!!
2 comments:
Wow, everything looks so beautiful, Cristina, especially you! Your friends did a really good job. It's been so long since we've seen you guys. Hopefully we'll have a chance to meet the baby when she comes!
Wow that is amazing! I'm so sad I couldn't be there :(. Can't we just move to Texas already?! We miss you guys tons. You look fantastic and we seriously can't wait to meet this sweet little girl!
Post a Comment