Well, today was the big day! According to the baby poll I put up 55% thought Baby Harris would be a boy, including myself, and 45% voted for a girl. I had an ultrasound appt scheduled for 11:30 this morning and I was supposed to get there 30 minutes early. Another girl in my office had an appt at the same ultrasound place for the same morning and they called her the day before to cancel. She sent me a text asking if they canceled on me too and I said nope, haven't heard from them yet. She was annoyed and told me to let her know if they did because if they lied to her she was calling to complain. hehe! Well lucky for her they didn't lie to her, unlucky for ME they forgot to call me!! So I get there at 11 and their like, uhhh, the ultrasound tech on tuesdays doesn't do OB ultrasounds. I'll admit I got a little feisty with the first girl, I was only slightly annoyed. The scheduler says she called me and left a message, but I had no missed calls and no voice mails so I dunno what she was smokin but my phone ain't lyin! Anyway...the only appt they could find me at a different location was later in the afternoon, so I had to cancel all my afternoon clients at work (bummer) but I got to spend the afternoon with my sweet hubby and we got ready for our ba-by-que!!
the cupcakes I made to tell everyone what the baby is
"new" potato salad
baby spinach salad
baby buffalo wings
mini pulled pork sandwiches
babyque baked beans
and baby back ribs! If I wanted to have a "gender reveal" party I had to come up with something Houston would think was cool or else it would have been a total pain! :) So we had everyone over for dinner and I knew if I had Houston grill stuff for everybody he would be excited! My plan was a success!
We both thought baby H is a boy! We already found out earlier in the day though so we just put on blue in the morning before the appt and didn't change.
everyone with their cupcakes. we decided to have dessert first!
It's a ...
GIRL!!!!

apparently this means it's a girl? :)

here's our sweet baby with one hand by her cheek and one hand under her chin!
10 comments:
SO SO SO FUN!!! Congratulations! I love the baby-que idea! So clever! Girls are the best! :)
Um cutest idea ever. Want to come plan mine? jk. But, we are seriously so excited for you guys. A girl will be so fun! Girls have much cuter clothes ;). And I actually guessed girl for you! The one time I wasn't wrong!! And now you can start buying things! YAY!
Oh and I seriously LOVE the cupcake idea! I might steal it, fyi :).
You are so creative!!! I wanted to do some kind of reveal but instead I ended up texting everyone before we even left the doc!!
That is so much fun! We did the same thing with my family when telling them the sex. It was a girl, but your cupcakes look so much more yummier. We were in a hurry to make them cause we were so excited!!
A girl?!! CONGRATS!!
yay congratulations!! Girls are so much fun to shop for :) I'm so excited for you guys!
That is such a good idea, you are so creative! Congrats, thats nice that she will have another little girl cousin that will be close to her age, so fun!
Yeah !!! so happy for you both :)
Cristina, you always throw the best parties. Congrats on your pregnancy and on finding out that she's a girl. I'm so excited for you guys (and so is Ryan)!
You are so creative! What a fun way to tell everyone! Congrats on the girl! How fun.
Post a Comment