So for my July recap, full of pictures...
for the 4th of July the Harris crew piled in the car and drove downtown for a sweet fireworks show. Nick works for Deloitte and they opened up their building downtown to their employees and fam to watch the fireworks. It was the way to go if you ask me. Nice and cool in the AC, zero mosquitos, and free fountain drinks at your disposal. We brought a few snacks and watch the fireworks from the comfort of a Doiloitte conference room.
A few days later we had the pleasure of celebrating my SIL Sarah's birthday. Happy Birthday Sarah! Her friend Lina surprised her by coming in town and we all got together on the friday before her birthday for a delicious din din. We had another family get together on that sunday to open presents. Love you Sarah! Hope your birthday weekend was great!
H and I had a little beach getaway to good old Galveston Tx. My parents best friends have a gorgeous beach house down there and are gracious enough to always invite us down there. They have every water toy imaginable so Houst and I decided to try out their kayaks. I would be content to just lay on the sand, listen to the water, and read a book all day long, but Houston...not so much. So it was nice to find an activity we both liked and could do together.
This last weekend we took a little drive down to Corpus. Our good friend Troy and his gf Alicia joined us down there for some fun. We had such a good time on the kayaks the weekend before that we decided to rent some while we were down in Corpus too. Needless to say it's a little hard to take pictures in a kayak, makes me just a little nervous having my camera like a foot away from the water, so we didn't get any action shots but we got one when we were all done.
And last but not least, we celebrated my grandpa's birthday yesterday. Both my Grammie and my Grandpa have birthdays in July. My Grammie turned 82 and my sweet Grandpa turned 94! I love being able to live close to them and share these sweet milestones with them. For his birthday the fam gave Gpa a shadow box with all of his military medals and a picture of him in uniform during WWII. It was pretty awesome and he got all emotional. Grammie got tickets to go see Wicked for her birthday so it will be a family affair this coming Friday. More to come on that; I cannot wait!!!
2 comments:
Looks like you guys have had a fun summer so far! We miss you!
What an awesome July!!! :) You have the most darling outfits...I think we do need to take a shopping trip together someday! I love that you visited the Selena memorial...I always liked that movie, too! Your Grandma and Grandpa are adorable! I'm excited for the Wicked update ;)
Post a Comment