Well, summer time is here! Love it! Summer is my favorite; you just can't beat going to the beach, bbq, vacations, etc. We kicked off summer in May after Houston finished his finals and we've been going going going ever since!
The morning after Houston's last final we hopped on a plane to go visit everything we missed about Utah - friends, food, and shopping. Oh and I guess Houston would put the mountains on his list too.
Day 1:

Our first stop.

Our second stop. Oh Cafe Rio how I miss you already. This was our first round of Cafe Rio.

taking the scenic route up through big cottonwood canyon, on our way to park city.
Day 2:

eating my cafe rio leftovers. cafe rio round 2!

lunch at in n out with our long lost friends!

cupcakes run at sweet tooth fairy. YUM. I can't find cake bites like these anywhere!
The rest of the day we spent going to the mall, making dinner with our friends, and hanging out. It was so nice to see all our friends and spend time with all the people we miss! best part of our vacation!
Day 3:

Lunch at J Dawgs!

Houston actually went and ordered a 2nd one! (we have since come home and made our version of J Dawgs two or three times already. they are so good!)

we were also shocked to see the J Dawgs actually had a restaurant! They upgraded from the hot dog shack into the old pizza place right next door. I loved how they tried to replicate the shack inside the restaurant, with red walls and tin, like the roof, on some of the walls too. very clever.

walking around campus.

as we were walking around campus, houston wanted to go up to the roof of the jfsb to take pictures. on our way up there we got side tracked by a new exhibit inside the jfsb. it was amazing! i wish i could go again! it was all about the history of byu and the history of education in the church and at byu. it emphasized byu's goal in educating members of our church and the importance of education in both temporal and spiritual progression. it was pretty awesome.

we finally made it to the roof.

dinner at iggy's with our peeps.

day 4:

hiked the y with my hubs. i promised i would go on a hike with him. blech. BUT, i was a good sport!

then we kept going past the y and hiked up into the canyon.

after hiking back behind the mountain for a few hours we made it back to the Y and had ourselves a little picnic.

and we're done!

round 2 of sweet tooth fairy with shara. so YUM.

for dinner we went over to the fugals place for a bbq. jay and houston met in honduras on their mission. they had a great time catching up and I had fun hangin with kara and their little boy tyler.
day 5:

Happy Birthday Princess Pack!
spent a good portion of the day getting ready for Kaylee's shindig. And, we had a great time celebrating her 3rd birthday with all of our friends we don't get to see all the time!

and for dinner on our last night...none other than ROUND 3 of Cafe Rio!

Houst and sweet little Chloe. I just couldn't get enough of her!!

miss you girls!
Well...we made it back home to Tejas and it was back to the real world. I went back to work and Houston started his internship for the summer! So far so good!
Our first weekend back we powerwashed our back patio. this was the nastiness BEFORE.

DURING:


and I didn't get an AFTER picture but it looks pretty awesome! We originally wanted to rip the deck out and put in flagstone, but it looks great now!
That same day we drove out to Friendswood to see our favorite buddies Kevin and HolliJo. They were in town for a split second, literally, but we were glad we got to spend at least a little time with them!

Then, this past weekend for Memorial Day, another one of Houston's friend from his mission came down to visit! Zach and Yessi live in Dallas and came down for the weekend. We had SO much fun with them here, even though I didn't get ANY sleep! They were party animals! :) They got in around midnight friday night and we had the munchies so we headed over for a late night snack at Whataburger. Super classy, I know.

The next day H really wanted to go to a Honduran restaurant we found by his office. He knew Zach would appreciate it more than I would so it was the perfect opportunity.

Baleadas - the poor man's burrito (as Houston would say)

then from there we headed out to the beach. I love the beach! I could go every weekend. I'm still trying to convince my parents to buy a beach house! While we were at the beach ANOTHER one of their buddies from the mission came to hang out with us. TJ and his wife Hayley live in town and it was great to meet them and hang out for the day! Too bad they are moving soon! We left galveston and got home around 10 that night. We then proceeded to take showers, get dressed, and go out dancing for a little bit! I felt like such an old lady when I was ridiculously tired the next day. But we had so much fun. I know H and his love for dancing; I have a feeling this won't be the last time we go!
Sunday was awesome! Nice and relaxing, we bbq'd over at my parents house and had SO much food I think I gained 10 pounds on Sunday alone. I don't have any pictures though. My phone died at some point in time while at the beach and I can't find my charger. woops!
Yesterday we went to the Astros game with Zach and Yessi. The game was awful! We left early and our team was down by 11 I think! yikes!! But the game was fun and it was great spending time with our friends. And H was pleased that I got him a souvenir cup :)

that was our crazy busy month of may! can't wait to see what the rest of the summer has in store!
3 comments:
love it! You guys did have a super busy month of May! It was so much fun to see you guys. We miss you already!
Love everything about that post...especially the part when you're in Utah and we're with you!!!! :) I guess it's our turn to visit TX!
Good stuff... but I think that Houston is the party animal and we just tried to keep up.
Thanks for everything. Y'all are great hosts!
Post a Comment