Tuesday, June 15, 2010

the bbq master

Now that summer is here in full force, we have been grillin machines. Chicken, steak, sausage, buffalo wings, ribs, vegetables, corn, you name it we've grilled it! Well, except for the corn. We don't grill that. Best way to make corn on the cob is in the microwave. Put it in the microwave, husk and all, for 3 minutes, then shuck it and your good to go! My brother is here for the week and we had to show him our mad grillin skills over the weekend :)

Here are my brother and Houston, showing off Houston's baby back ribs. He has definitely perfected his rib making skills. They take forever to make but they fall right off the bone! I'm so glad I married a man who can cook. In my opinion he puts my meals to shame. Probably in his opinion too!!
In the bottom corner of the picture you can see some of our homemade mac and cheese. My mom and I perfected the mac and cheese by combining 2 recipes we found. It was delicious. Definitely a keeper. The secret was Velveeta. Gross, you say?? Just trust. It was the creamiest homemade mac and cheese I've ever had.

And last but not least, one of our favorite places to go eat in Utah is JDawgs. Well after our last trip I just knew we couldn't wait until our next trip for another JDawg. So I made a mental note of everything they have to put on your Dawg (onions, sauerkraut, banana peppers, jalapenos, and a pickle) and Houston created his own special sauce and voila! We have had "HDawgs" almost every weekend since we got back from vacation!

H making a Dawg

My bro - the hot dog connoisseur - eyeing the HDawg I made him. Let's just say it was a hit!

My mom even got in on the fun!

Me and my HDawg! I could already use another one!

even Harley wanted one!

3 comments:

Ben N Nessa said...

YUM! All of that looks good....even the velveeta cheesy mac...email me that recipe ;)Hopefully we can have an Hdawg soon, or you can have another Jdawg soon ;)

Shara said...

Yay! H Dawgs look good. Nect time we'll have to have a Dawg face off between S & H! hahah. I love you Stina!

Julie said...

Houston's sauce is pretty much awesome- you're one lucky girl. That last picture of Harley looks like she is about to pee! :) Austin still thinks she is at our house somedays.. she needs to come visit him!