Sunday, June 20, 2010

love you dad.

happy father's day dad! I love that there is a day set aside for us to take the time and think about everything our dads do for us. I just wanted my dad to know how much I love him and appreciate all the love and sacrifice he has given me throughout my life. I love that now that I'm older I can look back on my childhood and have wonderful memories of all the things he did with me to make my life that much more special. Even the little things. The other day I went swimming with my nephew and I started thinking about when I would go swimming in our backyard when I was little. My dad was always there with us, playing games with us, giving us rides around the pool on his back, and having "underwater tea parties" and swimming contests. He was and is the best dad a girl could have. Now that I'm older I love how our relationship has grown over the years. I know that he is always there for me and I'm so grateful to have had such a wonderful man in my life. He has always been such a wonderful example of how to be patient, poised, hardworking, faithful, and fun. Love you daddy.

me and my dad doing his favorite thing - watching basketball!


happy father's day!! I would ask Houston what he would want me to say about his dad but he's been sick the last few days and happens to be sleeping right now!! So, I'll share why I'm grateful to have such a wonderful father-in-law in my life! I'm grateful to Victor for being a wonderful dad to my husband. He was an incredible example to Houston growing up of the kind of man he should be and the kind of husband and father he should be. I'm so grateful for his influence in the life of my husband, helping mold him into the man I love today. Houston is so good to me and I know that's because of the example his dad gave to him. I also love how close they are. Houston's dad is probably his best friend. He calls him almost every day to talk about all the things he learns at school or work or hears on the news or the radio. They both love politics and bbq and puppy dogs :) Thanks Victor for always being there for us. We love you and don't know what we would do without you!

1 comment:

Ben N Nessa said...

so cute! you guys look like your dads! :)