
Yesterday a bunch of ladies from my office participated in the Walk Now for Autism walk/fundraiser. We walked 2.5 miles around Reliant Stadium and it raised money for autism research. There were a ton of people there and we had a fun time; something a little out of the ordinary to do on the weekend. My mom even came along with me and we had some fun mommy/daughter time while Houston was at school. After the walk we drove over to this farmers market off of Richmond...a little too 'granola' for my taste, a lot of vegan/organic/vegetarian talk going on and a lot of acoustic guitar playing. But all in all it was pretty cool and it was definitely something different to do. We left with some cucumbers and eggplants (my mom's buys) and some delicious Indian food and a coconut pie (my buys). Can you tell I was hungry? I definitely bypassed all the raw food and went straight for the good stuff!
1 comment:
FUN!!! I'm so happy you did that! Turns out, when we graduated, I still didn't know what Autism really was-- sad right?? But then I got a job working with austistic kids-- there definitely needs to be more research on that-- it's just such a mystery! :)
Post a Comment