Saturday, October 17, 2009

"they say it's your birthday"

Well, really it was MY birthday, but I always think of that song by the Beatles on my birthday. Growing up my dad had a tendency to sing it really loud accompanied by air guitar whenever it was our birthday. Anyone who knows my dad is probably not surprised by that fact and can definitely picture him doing such a thing. On a different note, the hubs made my birthday super special this year! Props to him. I was impressed :)

The night before my birthday we went out to the movies with julie, nick, forrest, and sarah to see Couples Retreat, which I thought was hi-larious! Aside from the yoga instructor bit, I liked the movie and it was a good laugh. We got back home from the movies around midnight and I opened the front door to find these lovely ladies sitting in my living room...
Three of my best friends from high school all live in the dallas/fort worth area and Houston had invited all of them to come down and surprise me for my birthday. It was the best surprise! When I first opened the door I was scared and just noted that there were bodies in my house that weren't supposed to be there. Then a second later I recognized who it was! We spent the next hour and a half gabbing upstairs while Houston and Kelley's husband Jonathan played Wii downstairs :) Don't you just love friends like that? Even though you don't see each other all the time you can just pick up right where you left off. So the next day for my birthday Houston had school but since the girls were in town I didn't mind. We made it a girls day, went to the Galleria, and shopped for about 4 1/2 hours. After girls day we went out to Amazon for birthday dinner. My fav! My parents joined us as well as the whole Harris crew.

me and the parentals

our new buddies, aaron and charlene, came to celebrate too

the harris fam, I think Nick took the picture

the best part of amazon, they bring a fire bowl to the table and you can have s'mores for dessert! It never gets old!

After dinner we all headed back to parents house for some cake. Birthdays are just better when your mom is around :) I haven't had a birthday at home since I turned 18. It was the best! When I walked in the door to the house my sister and her husband scott had come in town too!! the surprises just kept coming. Scott's birthday was 5 days before mine so we ended up having a double birthday party.

my mom made each of us our own cake too!
Jonathan, Kelley's husband, is on the right. Couldn't he be part of the fam?
me, my sis, and our boys
my grandma and grandpa even joined in the festivities. my grandpa is so cute. 93 years old and still partying it up :)

5 comments:

HolliJo said...

Ah how fun! Looks like you had such a blast for your birthday! I'm so glad you got to see everyone! And I'm so jealous you got to spend it with yall's families! Happy late birthday :). Wish we could have been there!

Julie said...

I am so glad you had a great birthday!! We have many years to come of birthdays together!

Ben N Nessa said...

SOOO sad we couldn't spend your day/month with you. The S'mores look divine...and I love your cute Grandpa! Miss you guys!

Tyson and Shelise said...

Happy Birthday!

Nate & Emily said...

Happy late birthday! Wow, it sounds like you had the best birthday ever!!
And for your last post- I can really relate.. I better get with it and start studying for the GRE rather than spending my time doing the same other things- but this break from school has been way too nice!!
Anyways- happy birthday!