Other than it raining every other day, not much has been going on. Just livin life. I have to say I have been LOVING the rain. That was one thing I missed all the time living in Utah. There's nothing like a little (or a lot) of good Texas rain.
Life around here has been pretty chill... just been doing a little bit of this...

and this...

and this...

when I should really be doing this...

We watched General Conference and Houston made me my fave, french toast, for breakfast. I think it's becoming a tradition, which I can't complain about.
Harley even got a special General Conference breakfast too...egg with a side of dog food.
As always, I loved General Conference. It's like hitting the spiritual refresh button. You just want to try a little harder and be a little better. My favorite talk was Our Perfect Example by President Eyring. And Houston's favorite talk was Moral Discipline by Elder Christofferson. I also attended a Stake Primary Leadership meeting this week and I walked away with an awesome quote - it's actually one I've heard before but I don't think I ever wrote it down so I thought I'd share it with you... "true doctrine understood changes attitudes and behavior" - Elder Boyd K. Packer
And last but not least, my craftiness from last post is officially displayed on the door kicking off the holiday seasons. My neighbor two doors down has one of those huge, fancy, $100 wreaths so when I put mine up it looked a little sad in comparison. But with a little sprucing up it is lookin good.
6 comments:
Those Sophie Kinsella books are SO addicting! Have you read Can You Keep A Secret??
I have heard that Glee is a good show, I might have to watch it. Your wreath looks way cute! I love gen conference food, we planned our snacks for like a week!
Love your spruced up wreath! This post made me hungry for Houston's french toast...mmm....it's very "Paula Deen" style!
oh stina. the quote is from twilight :) piece of cake!
I had no idea what that quote was from but felt like you have told me that one before..until Kylie said Twilight. Good one. Love the wreath.
Twilight... Mike Newton's character... gosh! I can't believe I know that.
so about those Brownie points...
Post a Comment