Saturday, September 26, 2009

Martha, Meet Your Match

Thanks to my BFF/SIL I got my crafty on today and it was so fun. I love making things and lately I just haven't been feeling the crafty gene - I have a pile of fabric and an undecorated house just waiting for the creative juices to kick in. But, Julie has just become the cutest little homemaker and asked me if I wanted to make a halloween wreath with her. Umm, definitely!

So, this was the page Julie ripped out of one of her magazines. The wreath on the door was the look we were going for.
After a trip to Garden Ridge for a wreath and a pumpkin and a trip to Wal-Mart for spray paint and spider web we were ready to get started. Here's the wreath before we attacked it with paint fumes.
After painting, letting it dry, hot glueing a pumpkin on and making Julie re-do my spider web because hers looked cuter than mine, the wreath was done! Can't wait for October to roll around so I can actually put it up!
While we were waiting for the wreaths to dry we decorated these adorable cupcakes. I can't say we made them, because Julie actually made them before I got to the house. But, I helped with frosting and candy corn placement, oh and eating of course! These were the cutest, most delicious pumpkin cupcakes that I've ever seen and they definitely made me excited for the holidays coming up. I'm a sucker for all things pumpkin - pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread, and now...pumpkin cupcakes!


When I got home I guess I was still feeling like a go-getter because I finally finished my "family wall". This is a project I have wanted to do forever! And when we moved in I finally wanted to accomplish it. It has been a bout a month in the making - first I had to find all the pictures, then I had to scan them all, had to buy all the frames, had to order to pictures, finally got the pictures so I had to put them in the frames, and then the frames proceeded to lay on the floor of our guest room for a few weeks because putting them up is of course the hardest part. So, the project finally got done! Here is a little photographic evidence that I finally finished it. Aside from our wedding picture, all the pictures on the wall are old family pictures, like when our grandparents got married, when our parents were toddlers, etc. I've always loved old pictures so I'm pretty excited about finally having this up on the wall.
Kicked off the day with a mani/pedi with my mom. Ended the day with a free Aeros hockey game and the ice rink courtesy of my dad. All in all, Saturday was a pretty awesome day!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Your family wall looks SO AMAZING! I am super impressed..I love it!! I need to come over to see all the other updates you have done. I love your home!

HolliJo said...

Ah I love it! That wreath is adorable and I love the family wall! Such a cute idea!

Ben N Nessa said...

You are A-mazing! I love your family-picture wall. And....it does not have to be October for you to put up your wreath. We already have all of our fall/halloween up (as of a week ago)! You are so incredibly crafty! I wish I lived next to you (and Julie) so you could inspire me!

ScAlly-Wags said...

I'm jealous!

Nate & Emily said...

So cute! I finally- after over a year- hung a picture wall! Mine was much simpler and only had six or seven pictures and it still took me that long to get it done! But now I'm jealous of yours, it looks way better!! And I love your wreath- wish I could get crafty like that!