Monday, September 21, 2009

where did september go?

Wow. I can't believe this month is almost over. It feels like it flew by. Here's a little review of the month so far...
- HolliJo and Kevin came to visit! I'm lame and totally forgot to take pictures, I even had my camera in my purse. But it was so much fun. Sunday before labor day they came over to Houston's parents house and spent time with the whole Harris crew. Then Friday night, the night before they left, H and I drove out to Friendswood to spend time with them and Holli's family. Holli's mom fixed us some sweet fajitas, we got our fix of Ticket to Ride (so need to buy that game for ourselves...), and got an awesome tour of Friendswood. We had a great time seeing our buddies. We wish you guys lived closer!

- On Labor Day, Chick-fil-a was giving away free chicken sandwiches if you wore your favorite sports team shirt. Free chick-fil-a?? We were in! So we got decked out in our BYU gear and enjoyed some free food. Fo took the picture, Julie banned him from being in it because he was wearing a UT shirt. Sorry Fo...


- Fo man had a birthday! the big 2-5! Happy birthday Forrest, hope it was a great one! We ended up having an impromptu party at our house that night but it was a great excuse for me to buy this adorable birthday banner from Hobby Lobby. I had been eyeing it for months and I finally had a reason to get it! Hobby Lobby is my new love. It's not the same as TaiPan, but it tends to fill the void.
- I got to go see Britney in concert!!! Yeah! It was awesome! Shara - I thought of Kaylee the whole time, haha! Julie and I had been wanting to go to the concert so bad, and even tried to win tickets on the radio. I looked up a few tickets on craigslist and contemplated buying the cheapest seats (still like 50 bucks) up in the nose bleed section. But the day came and still no tickets. I was pretty bummed. While I was at work, lamenting over the fact that it was 4:30 in the afternoon and the concert was that night and it looked like I was out of luck, my co-worker walks in my office and asks if I have a 5:30 client because she just got a free ticket to the Britney concert and her friend wanted to leave around 5:45, so she was wondering if I could cover for her. Told her too bad, I had someone at 5:30 but I was totally jealous she was going! So, she offered to ask if her friend had an extra ticket...and she did!! It was awesome. So after work Sheba and I went to the concert together. Our tickets were 9 rows up from the floor, the show was amazing, it was literally like being at the circus. Acrobats, dancers, magicians, clowns, fire, and even midgets :) I didn't get too many pictures because my camera died (come on people I wasn't prepared for this!), I didn't get any pictures of me and Sheba to prove I was actually there, but I did get a few of Britney herself.


Other than that, I've just been workin hard, loving my job, and Houston is kickin butt at law school!

5 comments:

Tyson and Shelise said...

I am the hugest Britney fan ever! That was probably so fun, I am way jealous!

Julie said...

I love my BritBrit. I am still ticked I didn't go- but at least one of us got to go and see her in action! Glad you had a great time!

HolliJo said...

Oh awesome. We had so much fun with you guys too! And I'm loving the cookie cake. Those are delicious. And that is way exciting that you got to go to the concert! We miss you guys already!

Shara said...

Also I am working on a birthday present...it will be fantastico :) Hopefully!!!

Ben N Nessa said...

This post has me in SHOCK and AWE! First off, Friendswood??? It sounds hilarious...and very friendly ;) Secondly, I'm very interested in this "Hobby Lobby" place. I'm glad it fills your Tai Pain void! And finally, BRITNEY?! Whenever I hear "Womanizer" I think of you....so I'm glad you got to experience Britney so close.