Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pimp My Dump

Alrighty, are you ready for a million pictures?? I didn't really get any before pictures. The place was too gross. The day after we closed Houston said, "Stina lets go over and tear out the carpet!" and he pretty much had to drag me over there saying "Stina we bought it, we have to go over there." It was just way too disgusting for my taste. So, since I wasn't really a fan of it in the beginning my desire to document the nastiness wasn't really in full swing. The before pictures start when the house was already in demo mode. If you would like to imagine what it was like originally, imagine dirty dirty dirty carpet (the kind that you think will give you disease if you touch it), moldy bathrooms, fast food containers everywhere, I honestly can't even describe to you how sick it was. Now I wish I had taken pictures of it but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Anyway, here we go.

BEFORE:
Upstairs hall bath ( this was after we had already taken out all of the subfloor in the bathroom and thrown away the toilet and the tub. The new subfloor and new tub had already been put in)
Shower in master bath.
master bedroom
living roomdownstairs half bathkitchen"storage closet" in the kitchen. Houston and his dad made shelves to put in there and made it a walk-in pantry. I must say it is pretty awesome.
AFTER: (its like those mind games/pictures. can you find what is different? oh and Houston took these pictures and he had the camera on the wrong setting, so they aren't all that but you get the idea)
New front door
master bedroom
master bathmaster shower - we even pushed the wall back to make the shower a little bigger. it might sound silly but this might be my favorite part of the house!
master bath - still have to make some medicine cabinets for the two bathrooms upstairs
guest bath in the hallwayliving room - the stairs originally had a square bottom step and a banister coming out from the wallliving room
Houston and his dad made the wood frame and mantle to surround the fireplace. It was my dad's idea to surround the fireplace with the same marble as the two upstairs bathrooms.
kitchendownstairs half bath
So, there is a little run down of our little place in about 50 pictures :) The house still needs some pictures on the wall and some decorating but I'm pretty tired of working on this house so that will probably happen a little at a time. But, it's nice to finally have a place of our own again.

And, after the granite/marble went it my dad quizzed us on the types of stone we had chosen :) We have Napoleon in the kitchen, Mascarello in the downstairs half bath, and Emperador Dark marble in the two upstairs bathrooms and surrounding the fireplace. If anyone in the Houston area is looking to remodel then check out Think Granite for some information. After all his hard work for us I thought I might give my dad's biz a little plug, right?!

3 comments:

Ben N Nessa said...

I am BEYOND proud of you guys!!!!!!!! It's insane how good it looks! I want you to take me on a video tour, though. Does your camera do that??? I'll do a tour of our house and Chloe's room for you, too. Miss you BUNCHES.

HolliJo said...

Wow! That looks fantastic! You guys did a great job! I'm so impressed! Can't wait to see it soon!

Tyson and Shelise said...

That looks so good! It looks like that was tons of hard work. When you were talking about the nasty carpet I started it itch, seriously. I am impressed with all you guys did, congrats!