In a recap, June wasn't nearly as eventful for us as May was. Maybe because we're both working now and don't have as much free time? Or should I say, I don't have as much free time. Lounging around the house and going shopping/running errands whenever I pleased was nice for the month of may. I kind of wish I could still do that instead of work, but at the same time I remember how bored I was when I didn't have a job. Oh well, thats life, the grass is always greener on the other side :)
so back to my June recap:
- At the beginning of the month my sister and Scott came to visit. It was so fun, I miss my sister and I like that she only lives 3 hours away now. I'm lame and didn't take any pictures of us though.
- We went to the beach. I LOVE the beach. I don't care how many people think Galveston isn't very nice, I LOVE the beach. That is one thing I always missed about home. In Utah my tan was nearly non-existent and here, I can go to the beach every weekend if I wish to! Houston, Forrest, and I went down to Galveston with my parents for a little day trip. We lounged in the sand, I read a book and caught up on my tan, while the boys play frisbee in the water for 2 hours straight I think. Then we hung out with some family friends at their beach house and had dinner. To top off the evening we got in their boat to watch the sunset over the water. It was great! The highlight of my day was the ice cream truck that came to the beach!! I was so excited. Funny how little things from your childhood are so much fun. When I was little, during the summer we would go swimming in our back yard and the ice cream truck would make the rounds through our neighborhood, playing it's awesome little song, and we would run to the end of the driveway in our bathing suits after begging my dad for quarters to get a popsicle. Then we'd go right back to swimming after enjoying my ninja turtle treat with gumballs for eyes. This time I went for the Pink Panther Pop. It was great!
- Troy came to visit! Houston's college roommate Troy lives in San Antonio now. He's about to start medical school there and he drove down here for a weekend just to hang out. He got here on Friday night so we showed him town center and grabbed a Jamba Juice. Saturday we headed to Galveston again! Beach trip #2! This time Forrest and Sarah came along with us. We beached a bit, then grabbed a late lunch, and walked around the Strand. I was sad that my favorite place on the Strand, La Kings (a cute old-fashioned ice cream/candy place I've been to every summer since I was little) was still closed after Hurricane Ike. There were people inside still trying to fix it up so maybe someday soon it will be up and running again.
After the beach we came back, freshened up a bit, then Nick and Julie joined us for a night on the town. We went to Chuy's for dinner. Mmm...Mexican food. I think it is officially Houston's favorite restaurant at the moment. I need to help him branch out more. There are so many awesome places to eat in this city. After dinner we drove around where the Harris kiddos lived a long time ago close to downtown and then we had dessert at Amy's Ice Cream.
- Troy left the next morning; I went to church at 9 to hear Houston's parents give talks on father's day; then at 1 both Houston and I gave talks in our ward. Talk about a full weekend!
- We might be moving into our new place soon!!
**Sorry all the pictures are out of order, I can't move them either. Blogger won't let me see my pictures when I try to edit the post...I only see that html code mumbo jumbo.
5 comments:
Aw! Looks like you guys have been having fun! Now you just need to work in a trip to Phoenix to come visit us! We miss you guys! And we are totally jealous you all got to hang out together! We don't have any friends here... :(
You are getting so tan!!! I need a trip down there to work on mine :) Your pink panther pop sounds delish...and so does Chuy's.
Kaylee was over here the other night saying, "Let's go see Stina..." It was funny and sad. I about cried. Blame it on the prego-hormones, but I truly miss you tons.
Hope you guys have a GrEaT July!
This month really has flown by, we were just talking about that today. I need a texas tan, this utah one is doing nothing for me!
I love Galveston, too. After all, it's not like you have to see what is in the water to be able to swim...
La Kings closed?! I haven't been to Galveston since the hurricane, but I've heard that it's VERY different. sad... :(
You are too cute. You must gain some weight and get much more chalky white to remain my friend.
Sincerly,
Shara
Post a Comment