Sorry for the lack of blog-ness lately. But I've been pretty busy with my NEW JOB!!
Yes, I found a freakin sweet job in less than a month of being in Houston!! On a serious note, especially with the economy how it is and with so many people being out of jobs right now, Houston and I have been greatly blessed and I'm truly grateful for how easy my job search ended up being. I'm working as a SpeechLanguage Pathologist Assistant (a mouthful, I know). But, I couldn't have asked for anything better. It's five minutes away from the house, I'm working in the same field I studied in college (which I didn't think was going to be possible without my Masters), and I'm going to continue to learn and get experience in the field before I attend grad school next year. It has been awesome and I've only been there for a week and a half. I love the kids, I love the other people who work there, and my boss is awesome. Check out the website at www.speechenrichmentcenter.com!!
7 comments:
How AWESOME!!!!!!! I am extremely impressed with your job, and I know that you love it. They need to put your picture on the website. It's nice to put your degree to work! I miss you and am glad you updated your blog! Give Houston and Harley some loves from us, too.
Congratulations on your awesome new job, to be able to work in your field is so exciting!
Congrats, that is awesome! That is so great that you found something you studied. Some people just get a degree for the sake of having one and it never guarantees them a job.
Congratulations! We are so excited for you! I'm so glad that job worked out! We miss you guys tons! Oh, and hi from the east coast :)
Congratulations! That sounds just perfect! :)
you lucky duck! I'm applying for a part time audiology assistant job here in OKalhoma... who would've guessed we'd actually get jobs in our fields... right? I miss you!
so jealous. well, since we're in the midst of moving, i haven't even thought of looking for another job. eek.
Post a Comment