1. Happy 22nd Birthday Julie! For lunch on Julie's birthday we headed over to Los Gallitos for some mexican food. I can't tell you how much better the Mexican food is here than in Utah. That night we had a little birthday party at Nick and Julie's house.
2. One of my best friends from high school, Kelley, came in town with her husband Jonathan and all four of us got together for a little double date. We ate at Cheesecake Factory, which is always a fav and had a great time! It was the first time Houston and Jonathan had met and they loved talking about politics, football, and nerdy sci-fi stuff :) I miss Kelley so much, she's one of the sweetest people I've ever known and it was so much fun to be able to spend a little time with her!
3. Rockets games! Every year my dad gets season tickets for the Rockets and both Houston and I had a chance to go to games with my dad while the Rockets were in the play offs. It was a lot of fun. I used to get a little bummed because when I was growing up I was always my dad's "sports buddy." Any time he had tickets I was the one who loved to go. Then I got married and it all of a sudden became a "man's outing" or something. I think my dad clued in to some not so subtle hints that I didn't think that was entirely fair so he asked me first this year! :) I don't have any pictures of when my dad and Houston went to the game but here is one of me and my daddy.
4. Kylie Packs bridal shower. Yay for Kylie getting married! We had a weekend full of wedding parties when the Pack girls came into town. There was a really nice shower for Kylie at the Staub's house and Julie came up with some really cute games for Kylie and Daniel to entertain everybody with. The happy couple got married this last weekend and I'm still waiting for someone (Shara) to post up some pictures!! :)
6. Sister Halie Kathleen Pack came home from her mission!! Halie got home from her mission to Thailand at the beginning of this month and then came down to Houston for all of Kylie's wedding stuff and to say hello to all of us down here who love her so much! The week the Pack girls were here was so much fun. It felt like I was in high school again, hanging out with all my girl friends and getting home late. The only difference was that I had a husband who I left at home! I felt bad for H that he stayed home by himself but it was just for a little bit and it was so fun to have girls night for a little while. Here's a picture of Halie, Julie, Sara, Mandy, and me just hanging out having fun. It was like a mini reunion.
7. Happy 27th Birthday to Nick! Hope you liked your present! Poor Nick kind of got over looked since all the girls were in town but he got to go golfing so whatev. :)
8. Aeros game. Since my dad owns the ice skating rink around here he had free tickets to the hockey play offs. So, me, my dad, houston, victor, and forrest all went to an Aeros game. It was different. I'm not way into hockey but it was a fun, out of the ordinary thing to do. And it was free. And the won!
And...there's our month of may in a short photo recap! It's been a little tough for me to get used to living here but we've definitely had a lot of fun things to do and I could definitely get used to eating good Mexican food. That is one thing I love about being here :)
5 comments:
May was a busy month for you!!! Lots of "Pack" events and sports! :)
Wow your month has been really busy. We miss you guys :(
Fun month!!!! Glad you guys are here and that we got to do lots of those things together!
It has definietly busy, but I am glad that you are here and that we get to see you more!!! I am glad you had a lot of fun :)
Lots of fun stuff! Seems weird to think you guys aren't in Utah anymore! Hope all continues to go well with you both :)
Post a Comment