Monday, February 23, 2009

Food Network Fiends

*well i started this post quite a while ago and never got around to finishing it...sorry! oh well, here it is!

For Valentine's Day I got Houston the new Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives cook book. So, he got all into the show and looked up online all the different places Guy Fieri has visited in Utah. Now Houston's goal is to go eat at all the restaurants in Utah that have been on "triple D" before we move. So, the Thursday after Valentine's was the first of our little outings. Lonestar Taqueria...check!

Lonestar Taqueria wasn't on the show for no reason! It was delicious. As we were getting on the freeway to head to the restaurant, our friend Kevin called and we invited him to come with us. He was on I-15 at the same time so he just exited and parked his car in a parking lot, climbed in our car and we were off. We got there around 2 or 3 in the afternoon and couldn't find a parking spot! That means it has to be good, right? Well, it was. It reminded me of 100% Taquito down in Houston...mmm. Great tacos and it reminded me of home, couldn't get any better :)



a little view of the place

H and Kev showin off their tacos



the awesome car permanently parked outside


This isn't a place on Diners, Drive Ins, and Drives, but after the little lunch outing that Houston really wanted to do, I asked if we could check out a little cupcake place I've heard about. So, he humored me and kind of dragged his feet getting there, but when we got there he was even more excited about it than I was! It's called The Sweet Tooth Fairy. I love the name! It's a little bakery in Provo, over by Sam's Club. This fits into the Food Network theme because they were featured on one of Rachael Ray's shows. They have cakes, gourmet cupcakes, cookies, lollipops, and cake bites. MMM...the cake bites are the BEST part! I can't even described the awesomeness :) You'll just have to check it out for yourself!



Houston showin off his baked goods

Our healthy dinner! Ha! a red velvet cupcake, chocolate and peanut butter cupcake, toasted coconut cupcake, oreo cupcake, chocolate oatmeal cookie, cookies and cream lollipop, and a blue raspberry lollipop - I TOLD you Houston got carried away!!


THEN, the next night we went out with our friends Jay and Kara to Red Iguana. Red Iguana...check! Houston and Jay served their mission together in Honduras and we hadn't seen them since last summer so we hadn't even gotten a chance to meet their baby Tyler. It was a fun night and once again, Red Iguana was definitely on national television for a reason. So good! We went on a Friday night during dinner time and the wait was an hour and a half. They even had built in heaters along the sidewalk in front of the restaurant for people waiting so you know it's good. The food was amazing but the wait was so long I don't know if we'll venture out there again anytime soon.




Haha! We took this picture and I thought it was a good one...then I loaded it up on my computer and realized that Houston has a massive grease line from his taco all over his face!! Enlarge the pic and get a good little chuckle :)


Next on the list: Pat's Barbeque here we come!

5 comments:

Lindsay Mecham said...

Hehehe...the food must be really good if you don't notice grease running down your face! :) jk

Lauren Jayne said...

Glad to know the Sweet Tooth Fairy is worth the trip, I've been dying to try it out!

HolliJo said...

Fun! My cousin knows the lady who owns The Sweet Tooth Fairy really well! We love their brownie bits :) YUM.

Amy D. said...

Oh that all looks so delic and I had dinner not that long ago! So I never knew Houston served in Honduras. We'll have to talk about that. My parents were mission presidents in Tegucigalpa.

Lindsey and Jake Palmer said...

OMg I love that show, what a cute idea!! I love it :)