Saturday, March 14, 2009

Life of Late

Two weeks ago was pretty busy for me. I had my presentation of the semester due and it was a little stressful. But, it went well and if anybody would like to know more about the Psycho-social Aspect of the Hearing Impaired Child feel free to ask! I have about an hours worth of presentation information for you!

After all the school work of the week, last weekend I flew down to Houston for a quick little trip. I got in Friday evening and went out to eat with the family. My uncle was in town too so it made for a fun dinner. We went to Carrabba's, a family fav, which I hadn't been to in FOREVER. But my family made fun of me because even though I probably haven't been in years, I stuck with the same old dish and they all knew what I was going to order! I'm sad I didn't think to take any pictures at dinner, but after a day of traveling the brain was a little spacey.

The next day, last Saturday, was my sister's bridal shower. The whole reason I came to visit! That morning she got all prettied up and went out to take her bridal pictures. We went to the museum district and then drove over to the water wall in the Galleria area. It was super windy! But it was a lot of fun and I'm sure there were some good shots. Then we made a quick run to Chick-fil-a (yummm) went home and changed, and headed over to the bridal shower. It was at another bridesmaid's house, and it turned out really nicely and everyone had a good time. A ton of my mom's family and friends came which was really nice too. But I didn't even get home from the shower (after cleaning up and driving home from the medical center) until around 8 at night. Talk about a long day!

Just the girls - Grammy, Nana, Mom, Me

The bridal shower cake! It was really pretty but everyone couldn't stop laughing at how "well-endowed" the cake was!


Julie was nice enough to understand how busy everything had been, so Nick, Julie, and Austin came over to parents house to see me! How sweet! It was fun to catch up a little bit and I got a chance to give Austin his belated birthday gift from me and Houston. I made this a while ago but never posted pictures of it because I wanted Julie to be surprised. So here is the official unveiling of my pretty sweet birthday present!

The finished product - a toddler sized sleeping bag/nap sack

Austin and his daddy

The little dude enjoying his birthday present!

The next day was Sunday and it was my last day there. I felt bad I wasn't able to spend more time with my Harris fam, but the sister's wedding festivities took first priority. But we will be back in a few weeks for the actual wedding and then two weeks after that we will actually MOVE there! It's crazy to think that it is coming up so quickly. If you had asked me a year ago if I would miss this place when we moved I would have said "H No!" but if you ask me today, I'm genuinely a little sad to be leaving. We've made so many good friends and found so many fun things to do around Salt Lake. Being married and living in the same little house for almost two years has really made this place feel like home and I'll really miss living here and all the friends we've made.

3 comments:

Folks Photography said...

looks like a rockin trip!! i'm not sure who i want to scold the most for posting school info tho...probably emily since she made a whole post on it :) fun post tho!!!

Leslie said...

Looks like a fun trip. I am completely jealous that you get to move back to Texas!

Ben N Nessa said...

I love that cake! :) Haha...Obviously we are going to be SO lonely without you. Who will introduce us to cake bites? The latest rap music? Fried okra? We might just have to move down with you...