Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Lights on Salem Pond

Well a few weeks ago before all the craziness of work, finals, and vacation, we spent a Friday night with our friends Tyson and Shelise. They always come up with something different/fun and random to do, so that night we piled in the Xterra, went to grab some dinner at Bajio's and then headed out to Salem to see the "Lights on Salem Pond". It was so much fun and I was really glad we went and saw some fun Christmas lights because I knew we wouldn't get a chance to go see the lights at Temple Square. It was pretty cool how the lights reflected in the water of the pond and even some of the people who live around the pond had some awesome lights up too! After two laps around the pond we headed to the local gas station to grab some hot chocolate and headed home to watch a little Batman the Dark Knight. Houston loves this movie, I think I've seen it 10 times now (no joke!) and he doesn't get sick of it. I used to really like the movie until Houston pointed out the weird music (more like a high pitched whirring sound) that plays whenever the Joker is around, so now I can't watch the movie without focusing on the freaky music!! All in all, it was a really fun night, the christmas lights were awesome, and it was fun to hang out with great friends! Enjoy my billion pictures of the lights below :)


3 comments:

Ben N Nessa said...

That is awesome with the lights reflecting on the water!!! So festive :)

Tyson and Shelise said...

I loved reading your HUGE post! Looks like you guys had a great time in Texas, and with your friends wedding, you will have to tell her congratulations from us!

Nate & Emily said...

Wish we would have done this, I wanted to after you told me about it but we never got around to it. Maybe next year! Looks like you guys had fun! My brother is the same way about that movie, the Dark Knight... he loves it, it was a good one.