Thursday, January 1, 2009

Kelley and Jonathan's Wedding Weekend

After cramming 16 hours of work into a day and half, cramming 6 finals into 3 days, packing until 2 in the morning, waking up at four in the morning to catch my 6:30 am flight, arriving in Houston only to find out my connecting flight to Dallas was canceled, running around Houston's Intercontinental airport in high heels trying to find a flight to Dallas, getting a standby ticket for a flight leaving 30 minutes before the one I was supposed to be on, actually making it on the flight, worrying about my suitcase with my bridesmaids dress inside and wondering when that would make it to Dallas, I FINALLY arrived at my destination and miraculously my suitcase arrived at the same time and I was ready for a weekend full of weddingness!

Thursday Night:
Started off with the Rehearsal. It was so much fun to see all my girls from high school again. We are all so incredibly different but we are the best of friends and I just love them all and it's so fun whenever we all get together.

Following the rehearsal all the girls went out to eat at BAbe's, a restaurant that totally screamed "You're in Texas!". It was awesome. Then after that we headed back to Fort Worth for Kelley's bachelorette party. First we all went to Kristen's house for some food, cake, and presents. This is a pic of Kelley (and Kristen) opening some of the goods.

After the food and presents we headed out to downtown Fort Worth for a night on the town. First we went to The Library where you got in free with a student ID. Now that's my kind of place! ;) Let me tell you, it is quite the experience being the only Mormon/Designated Driver at a bachelorette party but I really did have a fun time!

So, part of the bachelorette party included a scavenger hunt of sorts. It was this piece of paper with lists of things to do at a bar and for everything you actually got done you earned points and then whoever earned the most points won the game. One of the things was get a guy to buy you a drink. So, this guy in the background (maroon shirt) decided to buy everyone a shot, so he's passing them around and I'm happily just taking pictures of everyone (not only was I the mormon DD but also the self appointed photographer of the evening, what else was I going to do?!) and one of the guys takes my camera so I could get in the picture. Then the maroon shirt guy hands me a shot, I'm like oh I'm ok thank you, and he pushes it in my hand and he's like well just hold it for the picture. Why that was so incredibly important to him I will never know, but I can just add it to my list of entertaining experiences!

A group shot at the end of the night!

2 comments:

Ben N Nessa said...

Looks like a fun weekend....and a cute wedding! :)

Folks Photography said...

so fun!! Love the outfit! love the experience! CAN'T WAIT to go to TX someday. Great post!