Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Answer at the Door

One of my friends from church asked if my father-in-law wrote an article for the Ensign, our church magazine, and well the answer is YES! I had planned on blogging about this when we first found out and then I totally forgot, so Jaime...thanks for the reminder!! On Thanksgiving, Houston's brother was over and got a text message from a friend that said "I just read your dad's article in the Ensign and I feel famous for knowing you" or something like that. So, at first we were all confused and didn't know what she was talking about. Since we hadn't received the December issue in the mail yet I looked it up online and sure enough, Victor had an article in the Ensign! So we all read it and called him and funny thing was that he didn't even know it was in the magazine! I guess he wrote the article a few years ago and received a letter back saying that they liked what he wrote and asking if they could just keep the article on file to use at some point in time. Well, surprise! Like five years later it finally showed up! Here's a link if anyone is interested in reading. I might be a little biased but I thought it was great!

5 comments:

Lindsay Mecham said...

That's so cool!! I love this story. I remember having a special youth fireside when I was like 12, where Victor shared this with us. It has stayed with me ever since.

Jeanine said...

We read it together and felt like we were special because we knew the characters in the story! Great conversion story. Those are my favorite!

Nate & Emily said...

Well now I feel famous because I know you! :) Thats funny that he didn't even know!

Leslie said...

Thanks for info. I haven't gotten around to reading anything but the VT message yet, so I hadn't noticed. But I also remember Victor sharing this story at a fireside!

Shara said...

Where the heck are you two? We miss you!