Ok, so Monday night while at work, Houston found out that he has 6 days off in a row for Christmas! Can you believe it? Long story short, the other overnight manager asked Houston if he could switch shifts with him so that he could have off the week after Christmas. So, after buying Houston a plane ticket and a hefty fee to continental for changing my flight so I can stay through Christmas, we will officially be spending Christmas in Texas! I'm so so excited! I love home! There is just something special about home. I was thinking about it today and I even got excited about driving around Sugar Land. I don't know why, but there's just something about driving around under all the trees that canopy the streets that makes me a little nostalgic. I have plenty of other things to blog about (like my festive Christmasy house, Sean and Alexa's wedding, Houston's mom coming to visit, getting ready for my friend Kelley's wedding, etc.) but I'm way busy with work and finals so they'll just have to be put on the back burner. This Christmas news was just too fun and exciting to save until later!!
Kind of a dark picture, but it's my parents house all decorated for Christmas like 3 or 4 years ago
3 comments:
Hello, this is Jaime Wilkins from your ward and I'm blog-stalking you. This isn't the first time, but yeah ANYWAYS. I have a question, so I was reading the Ensign this month and I saw there was a story by Victor Harris and he said he had two sons, one named Houston and one named Forrest. And I saw that he got sealed in the Dallas Temple. So yeah... is that your father in law? I know I've taken the stalking to an extreme but I was really excited to figure that out. Ok...now I feel weird. Bye!
Hey Stina! Congratulations! I am so excited that you guys get to go home for Christmas! Ya'll deserve a break! How fun :)!
So excited for you, that you get to go home! I know how worried you were about getting the time off! But all worked out! And you'll finish your finals just in time! I know, I'll be there taking it with you! We are almost done, nothing can be as bad as the one we took last night, right?!!
Post a Comment