Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tis the Season...

for GIVING!!

I love Christmas time! Tonight I had the opportunity to go to a little Christmas get together with the other ladies at church. I guess you could say, it was a great way to kick off the season! There were musical performances and a slideshow of pictures of Christ's life. They were just a really nice reminder of the purpose of Christmas and how grateful I am for my Savior Jesus Christ.
So, I just thought I'd share a few quotes with you to help you get into the real Christmas spirit. The first one was on tonight's Holiday Party program and the second one is from my friend HolliJo, who wrote a really great blog the other day about the importance of giving and the Christmas season.

"True happiness comes only by making others happy - the practical application of the Savior's doctrine of losing one's life to gain it. In short, the Christmas spirit is the Christ spirit, that makes our hearts glow in brotherly love and friendship and prompts us to kind deeds of service."
-President David O. McKay

"The Lord doesn’t really need us to take care of the poor, but we need this experience; for it is only through our learning how to take care of each other that we develop within us the Christ-like love and disposition necessary to qualify us to return to his presence." (“Living Welfare Principles,” Ensign, Nov. 1981, 9)

Here's to a wonderful Christmas filled with love, family, friends, and serving others! And, since a blog post isn't really a post without pictures...I leave you with a "Christmas card photo shoot blooper". Forrest was nice enough to take pictures for our Christmas cards again this year, but this year we wanted Harley to be in the picture and well...let's just say she's not exactly a cooperative picture taker :)

5 comments:

Folks Photography said...

ahahahahaahahah! LOVE the blooper! Such a great post!

Emma and John said...

hahaha- I love that picture! I can tell your Christmas card picture is going to be really cute- we still need to take ours! Last year I put it off until it was too late, so I can't do that again this year. I can't believe how big that puppy has gotten! She is so cute!

Tyson and Shelise said...

Very good quotes, I love this time of year it just feels good! Yeah we should get together soon Keithen goes to bed at 8, games? food? movie?

Lauren Jayne said...

That picture if priceless and I love the look of your blog right now!

Ben N Nessa said...

Cristina! Love the picture blooper! Haha! It was also fun to share in the Christmas spirit with you last night. Merry Christmas month. ;)