
Well, it is 1:30 in the morning and I should definitely go to bed so I can get up for my 8am class, but the Jason Mraz concert was just too awesome tonight and now I'm wired!! I can't thank my parents enough for this amazing birthday present! I have been an avid Mraz fan since one day, my sophomore year in high school, I was randomly perusing the cd racks at Target and saw this interesting CD with a rooster on it for only like 8 bucks. So, I thought to myself, why not buy it, it looks kind of cool. And boy was it cool! I proceeded to introduce all my friends to the greatness that was Jason Mraz's first CD. I had kind of forgotten how much I love going to concerts, and Jason sure did not disappoint me. I remembered how much I loved his first concert I went to in high school. It was probably one of my favorites ever and tonight was just as fantastic! Houston was a total trooper. Usually on the way to a concert I like to jam whoever we are going to see while we are in the car. You know, to prepare for the greatness to come! Well, since I know this isn't Houston's favorite thing I let him pick the music in the car. (which of course was rap) But we had fun jammin out to Ying Yang Twins on the way there and the way back. I felt like I had to be generous because he WAS willingly and happily accompanying me. He was actually kind of impressed by some Mraz stuff and had a good time. Plus, I let him make fun of the opening act (I have to admit she was a little trippy), so he got it out of his system before the good stuff came on stage!
On a side note...concerts are great for people watching. There was the kinda quirky man sitting next to us doing air guitar to some of the songs. The two butch lesbians swaying to the music a few rows in front of us. The teeny bopper girls getting dropped off outside by their grandma. The husband and wife in their 60s across the aisle from us. The girl I saw wearing her pajamas. There were a ton of other odd sightings that I'm not even remembering anymore.
Another comment...I was so annoyed that everyone around us was sitting down! Who seriously sits down during a concert?? I even wore my flats because I was prepared to be standing the whole time. That's just what you do. I wasn't going to stand up and be the only one standing, plus I would have blocked the view of the people behind me, but finally about halfway through the concert Jason told everyone to stand up for a song and after that nobody sat down again which was great!
Well...thats all for now, I should definitely try to get some shut eye!
7 comments:
haha that is so great. of course you're supposed to stand up at concerts. oh, and see you in harris' class right? haha jk GET SOME SLEEP WOMAN!!!
oh man! how fun!!! i'm glad you really enjoyed it! We definitely need to hang out this weekend. We don't really have a lot going. Just give us a call! :)
That is a great birthday present. That sounds fun, tell houston he needs to lay off the texas rap and explore other music haha.
CRISTINA CRISTINA!!! My husband's brother-in-law's boss is having a private party tonight with Jason Mraz there! HOW SWEET IS THAT??? I'm seeing if there are extra tickets...but if not I'll try my hardest to get him to autograph something for you haha we'll see!
Sounds like fun! You guys rock! Let's party soon! Go Jazz!
I am glad Houston was well behaved for you! What a great birthday present!!!!! wish I could have been there!
Cristina... you must still be making up for all the sleep you lost because I didn't see you at all today! :)
Glad I have another blogging friend! Looks like the concert was great... and it sounds like everyone around you was pretty entertaining too! That would be my favorite part... watching how weird people can be!
Post a Comment