Well, today is no different, I have my Professional Practices midterm to study for but blogging just sounds like more fun so here I go! :)
This weekend was so much fun! As I mentioned before, I love this time of year! I love all the holidays and the excuses to get together with people. Well, this weekend we had a Halloween party/chili cook off at church. I convinced Houston to dress up about 10 minutes before we left, so something easy for him to put together really fast was the classic nerd costume. As he was getting ready I laughed so hard! Especially at the ridiculous wedgie created by his hiked up pants! Poor guy really wanted some nerdy glasses to wear to complete the whole ensemble but we didn't have any and I wasn't about to lend him mine (that I actually USE), but all in all it turned out alright. I donned the cheapest bumblebee costume there ever was; a set of store-bought wings and yellow duct tape and I was set! The party was fun and I loved seeing all my little nursery kids in their adorable costumes. The chili was pretty good too! Our friend Ben happily entered Houston in the chili cook off because Houston has made Ben some tasty refried beans before. Good thing Houston actually knew how to make chili, otherwise we could have had a slight problem! Houston didn't think he would win, before the party he said that White Chicken Chili always wins a chili cook off here in Utah, and sure enough, that is exactly what won! I thought it was pretty funny that he totally called that! Even though his chili didn't win, it was fun to sit around watching football and making some chili together during the day on Saturday. Too bad our house stank like beans/chili for two days straight after that! Honestly most of the pictures I took were just of our friends' cute kiddies, but here are just a few of the pictures of the festivites:
Shelise, Tyson, and the cutest Jack-o-Lantern I ever did see!
Kaylee the Ballerina and her white trash mom and dad! haha!
Miss Kay was just lovin that cupcake!
Houston in all his nerdy glory and me!

Miss Kay was just lovin that cupcake!
Houston in all his nerdy glory and me!
Last but not least, a little shout out to my hubby...he got his LSAT score back this weekend and got exactly what his goal was! I'm so proud of him; he worked really hard and was so nervous the night before the test he couldn't sleep. Way to go H! ...and I'm definitely excited we don't have to pay for him to take it again! :) Law school here we come!!!
*stay tuned later this week for a post about the freakin awesome jason mraz concert tomorrow night!! my parents bought be tickets for my birthday and I'm so excited to go! Too bad none of my fab 5 girls can truly appreciate this with me, I guess taking Houston will have to suffice ;) he will just need a crash course in the mraz awesomeness on the way there tomorrow!
*stay tuned later this week for a post about the freakin awesome jason mraz concert tomorrow night!! my parents bought be tickets for my birthday and I'm so excited to go! Too bad none of my fab 5 girls can truly appreciate this with me, I guess taking Houston will have to suffice ;) he will just need a crash course in the mraz awesomeness on the way there tomorrow!
6 comments:
Haha! You guys are so cute! That was a fun party!
I love you costumes! Congrats Houston.
go Houston!!! cute costumes- way to go at getting him to dress up. I can't convinced Nick to, maybe next year when we are together we can all dress up together!!!
It was a fun weekend! We loved your costumes...and the chili ;) Have fun at Jason!
That was fun to see you guys, your costume was cute, and houstons was....creative :) haha. P.S. your chili was very good I liked it even though it was "man chili"
Congrats Houston on the LSAT!!!
Post a Comment