Sunday, July 20, 2008

disgusting deliciousness.

Are there ever random things that you come across that remind you of your childhood?

I just remember when we were little, occasionally for dinner my mom would make us sloppy joes. My little brother and I loved them and so we never would complain when she made them. She didn't make them very often, it was just something easy I guess; but, whenever she made sloppy joes she always made us macaroni and cheese too. I don't know why she always made the two together but she did and it has stuck with me! Now whenever I don't feel like making a full blown meal or when I'm really hungry but want something quick I always think of sloppy joes, and when making sloppy joes I automatically have to make macaroni and cheese. It also works the other way around, if I make macaroni and cheese, sloppy joes must be made as well. Houston thinks it's funny, but for some reason I just get a kick out of it and it reminds me of being a little kid. The whole reason I bring this up is because, this is what I made for "dinner" last night. We got home from the movies around 8 and I was starving and Houston had to leave soon to go to work, so whats fast and easy?? mac and cheese and sloppy joes of course! Last night I was looking at my plate and realized how gross it kind of looked, but it's alright with me! I guess it's become some kind of comfort food for me now because whenever I make it I get really excited! weird and kind of disgusting I know... but I will most likely continue doing it because deep down inside I really kind of like it!

my beautiful meal

4 comments:

Janey said...

I will forever love Mac & Cheese from a box.

Julie said...

Ha- I love this random blog but it is so true! For me it is Popcorn = Diet Coke! I made sloppy joes for Nick recently just to try it out again...lets just say he didn't care if I kept the leftovers. We can eat it together- I'm ashamed to say that I think it is kinda good :)

Courtney N said...

Awesome! My dad use to make us hot dogs and eggs for breakfast sometimes. It is a strange combination but so super delicious! What a great childhood memory!

Emma and John said...

Mmmm...I loved sloppy joes growing up and I've totally forgotten about them! I am definitely making them for dinner tonight- thanks for the craving! :) P.S. That baby boy is SO cute...