Sunday, July 20, 2008

snips and snails, and puppy dog tails

...that's what little boys are made of.

Nick, Julie and Baby Austin were in town this last week and we had so much fun! Nick was gone most of the week golfing with his brothers. So, Julie and I had all week to do girl things. We got pedicures and went shopping and ate at chick restaurants and watched chick movies! It was great. Now, that Julie lives in Houston I miss seeing her and having girl time. But I always look forward to when I get to see her and after she leaves I miss her more than before she got here! Now an extra plus of seeing her is seeing my adorable nephew! Austin is such a cutie pie and I know he loves his Auntie Stina! The whole time Julie and Austin were staying with us, Austin loved our dog Harley and vice versa. Harley always wanted to see the baby and give him licks; if Austin was in the carrier when we walked in the house Harley would jump up to try to see him. So cute! Austin would try to "pet" Harley and would really just whack her on the head really good, but over the few days they were here the dog and the babe were like best friends. I didn't get a chance to take very many pictures while they were here but I did take a few cute ones of my favorite nephew, so here you go:

A little bonding time the first day Austin was here

If Harley could smile she would be, I promise

Harley giving some love

Austin, doing a little modeling for his new bud

He loves his Auntie, I just know it!

p.s. the nursery rhyme at the top...I just thought of it because it reminded me of Austin and the pup, but what in the world do they mean by SNIPS and snails?? what the heck are snips supposed to be?

2 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks- I miss you too! I loved our girl time and I will always remember watching the classis 80's movies with you! I love the picture where Harley looks annoyed!!! Austin misses his Auntie!

Emma and John said...

I can't believe how big Harley is- I wonder if she would intimidate Franklin now! We ought to get them together again. She is a good looking dog though!