
I know that Mother's Day was yesterday and I meant to write this down then but I guess time just got away from me. I was sitting in church yesterday thinking about my mom and it made me just want to write down a little something about how grateful I am for her. It seems as if the older I become the more and more I come to understand all my mother tried to teach me in my younger years, and the more I understand the more grateful I am to all of the time and effort and love she put into raising us. I'm sure that as I continue to grow and experience life I will continue to realize more of all the wonderful things she did for me and continues to do for me. Even though she lives far away I still love her and miss her with all my heart. I still call her with all my questions and concerns and no matter how old I get she will always be my mommy. I look back and appreciate all the little things she would do for us that meant so much - like writing little notes on our napkins in our lunch, always having a special snack waiting for us when we got home from school (mini pizzas on english muffins were a fav, and cupcakes or cookies were always a super special treat), and how birthdays were always something special. She always put so much effort into our birthday parties and always made us the coolest cakes. Birthday parties are some of my favorite memories from childhood and now that I'm older, I have that same love for birthdays as my mom and look forward to being able to do the same for my children. My mom always loved being a part of our lives and always volunteered at our schools and helped with all the many activities we were involved in, especially during the high school years. She has always been so proud of her children and encouraged us to do our best and accomplish our goals, even the loftiest of goals. My mom is such a wonderful example to me of a strong, intelligent, loving woman; she has taught me so much in my life and continues to teach me. Every now and then I will be doing something and realize that I'm doing it exactly like my mom, or I'm saying something I have heard her say many many times. I'm proud to say I'm like my mother and I can only hope to love and care for my children the same way she did me.

I love you Mom! Happy Mother's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment