Friday we went over to Shane and Shara's place for their baby girl's first birthday party! She look so cute in her little 80's outfit and we had a bunch of fun hanging out with everyone and celebrating Kaylee's milestone. Happy Birthday Kaylee, we are glad you liked your bubble blower!
Then, on Saturday we went camping! For our wedding we received a tent and a camping stove and until this weekend, they sat unused and unopened in our storage closet for over a year! But, we are happy to announce that they have officially been used and opened and we had a great time. It was definitely my style of camping might I add...we headed up to Midway and camped in a state park with a bunch of friends and the campground had flushing toilets! Fantastic! I know it's no biggie for guys but it really is a pain for girls to try and go to the bathroom in the woods. So we pitched our tents, threw around a football, made tin foil dinners, and built a fire for some roasted starbursts and s'mores! In the morning we got up early to make breakfast and then went on a little hike. At the end of the hike there was this "glaciated boulder" formation, I don't know what that means exactly but it looked pretty cool and made the hike pretty worth it! It was a pretty quick trip but it was a lot of fun to spend time with friends and break in our camping stuff. Hopefully we will get a chance to do it again this summer!
(funny sidenote: Saturday morning I woke up and started thinking about what I would need to pack for our camping trip...so I'm thinking I need some shorts and cool clothes so I don't get hot! Then it finally clicked: hold up! this is NOT camping in Texas! in Texas you were as little as possible so you don't steam yourself to death, and never do you really sleep IN your sleeping bag only on top so you don't get too hot! I remembered Utah is slightly different than Texas and luckily packed a light jacket and a sweatshirt because I definitely used both of them)
The Boys on our little hike
We got back Sunday afternoon and got a call from our friends Tyson and Shelise inviting us to go make tin foil dinners up the canyon. Well we had such a great time making them the night before and had a little leftover ingredients we said of course! Well, who knew that ALL the parks up Provo Canyon are incredibly packed on Sundays? We sure didn't, but we drove around for a while and found this random campground way way up a mountain that worked perfectly! We set up the fire and while our dinners were cooking, Tyson pulled out his game of horseshoes! Tyson and Shelise are so fun and always come up with the most random games to play, but it always makes for a good time. We had never played horseshoes before and definitely need a little more practice, but it was a great new experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment