For the last few weeks Elaina has been wanting to say her own prayers before bed. We usually say a family prayer together and then she likes to snuggle in her rocking chair with her mama before getting in bed. As we snuggle snuggle she likes to say her own prayer before bed and it just absolutely melts my little mommy heart. Here are some of her prayers from the last few nights:
"Father,
Bess Yogan, bess Mommy, bess Daddy.
Jesus.
Amen."
- This night it made me laugh! Logan is a little boy in her class. I was like, why does Logan get top billing?!
"Father,
Bess Mommy, bess mommy jobs, bess daddy jobs.
Amen."
- It always shocks me to realize how much she understands and picks up on. Oftentimes when I say family prayer, I'll thank Heavenly Father for both my job and Houston's job. I truly am grateful for the work, the opportunity, and the blessing it is to our family. She caught me off guard when she asked her Heavenly Father to bless mommy and daddy's jobs. Sweet girl is like a little sponge I tell you!
"Father,
Mommy, Daddy, mommy jobs, bess Sheesha, bess Joyce, bess school, bess Taylor, bess August, bess Sadie, bess Laina sleep.
Amen.
Oh wait! Bess Mimi, bess Coen, bess Nana, church, Jesus.
Amen."
- This was her prayer tonight. I'm actually pretty sure I forgot quite a few things she said already. She was on a roll tonight! :) "Sheesha" is Ms. Venetia, one of her teachers at school. Ms. Joyce is her other teacher and Taylor and August are two of her friends from her class. She obviously went to school today! I love that she ended her prayer and then realized she wasn't done yet!
She definitely loves having her mommy put her to bed. She's not a big fan of anyone else putting her to bed and she refuses to say her prayers when Houston is still in her room. Poor Daddy. Tonight he left her room and went and turned on the monitor so he could hear her say her prayers. Sneaky sneaky.
Elaina is definitely in the throws of terrible twos, pushing boundaries, whining and throwing tantrums like a pro, but she is the absolute sweetest little girl and I love being her mommy. I hope she continues to be mindful of her loved ones and continue her relationship with her Heavenly Father as she grows.
1 comment:
Cristina, I LOVE this. How absolutely adorable.
Post a Comment