Thursday, December 27, 2012

hondo day 6 and 7

Our second day in Roatan, I once again told Houston I wanted to do "nothing."  Poor guy just didn't get it.  He kept asking me, what are we doing today? What do you want to do?  Oh my gosh I want to just lay!  I tried really hard to keep him entertained and hang out with him ;) I seriously think he has ADD.  The concept of just laying on the beach is just nonexistent in his mind.  However, laying on the couch is definitely his language.  I don't get it.  This day Houston took out a kayak while I read my book on the beach.  He freaked me out a little bit.  He was out kayaking for over two hours.  After about an hour I went up to the beach check out desk and asked when he left.  I guess the guy working the desk started to get worried too and kept an eye out for him.  The guy came up to me to point Houston out in the water as soon as he spotted him round a corner.  Pretty sure that man is crazy and kayaked around half the island.
Later in the afternoon we hopped on a water taxi and went over to the west end of the island.  We walked up and down the beach, checked out the restaurants and shops, and decided to stop and eat at this place called Caribbean Blues.  I think we just liked it because the owner was from Texas!  We had mexican food right on the water and watched the sunset.

chillin with my man

so gorgeous
The next morning, Houston woke me up...AGAIN! Seriously. I was a little ticked, until he made me go look at the water.  The water was so still and calm.  It was amazing.  It was the first day we were there that it hadn't/didn't rain and you could get a real sense of how amazing the water is there.


This day we rented snorkels on the beach.  We just swam out in the water a little bit and could see the gorgeous reef and schools of fish everywhere.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  After about 30-45 minutes I tapped out of snorkeling.  Houston stayed out there for an hour or two and then went back out again in the afternoon.  Lucky for me I got to lay and read my book!  In between snorkel sessions, we hopped on a truck with a few other people at the resort to go ziplining!
ready to go!

upside down!

superman!


the views through the jungle were insane!



At the end of the zipline they had monkeys for us to hang out with.  Little dude was totally into my sunglasses.  He was pretty cute though.  I couldn't get over how soft his hands were!


I guess he liked Houston's glasses too

had to stop for ice cream

snorkeling his little heart out

enjoying the sunset again!
There were two dogs that basically live on the resort.  This one liked me.  The very first day we were there, we walked up and down the beach and around our side of the island, just exploring.  This dude just kept up with us and followed us on a hour long walk back to the resort.
my beach bff
That night we had a seafood buffet at the hotel and watched a fire show on the beach.  Pretty great way to cap off the entire trip.  Loved spending the week together!


2 comments:

HolliJo said...

Ok. This trip looked amazing. I'm so sad and sorry we missed out on it. (Kevin is too.) I'm so glad y'all had such a wonderful time and were able to spend a week together after your crazy past few years in law school. You totally deserved a vacation the two of you! Just wanted to let you know that we miss y'all like a TON!

Eric & Tamra Chambers said...

Looks like you guys had SO much fun. I am so glad you got to go do this!