The last few months have been full of road trips for me and Elaina. We went to San Antonio twice, Dallas, and then this past weekend we went to San Antonio again with Houston! Whew! Let's just say I'm a little sick of road trips. But, Elaina has done great on the road (for the most part). We drove up to Dallas a few weekends ago to spend time with our friends Kelley, Jonathan, and Easton for Easton's big first birthday party!! On the way up there my friend Stacy tagged along in the car, but she was going to be staying longer in Dallas to hang out with some other friends later in the week, so the ride home was just me and Elaina. I was a little nervous to be driving solo with a one year old for a five hour drive, but she was awesome! I had a big bucket of toys and a bag of snacks in the passenger seat and I just passed something back if she ever got bored. She played peekaboo with me for about thirty minutes with her blanket, which was super cute. And, she took two naps, one at the beginning of the drive and one toward the end. All in all it was a fantastic weekend! I always love spending time with my girlfriends from high school! There is just something so special about having longtime friends. Some friends come and go and are in your life just for a season and some friends are for a lifetime. I love that even though we are all in different places in the country and at different stages of life, we love catching up and spending time with each other no matter what! Now...for the pictures. That's the best part of a blog post anyway! Happy Birthday Easton!! We love you, you big one year old!
For his birthday present, the girls and I got Easton a crab sand box and the kiddos loved playing in it. When we first gave it to him it sat in the living room without sand and Easton and Elaina loved climbing in and out, in and out. Best toy ever! :)
 |
| playing in the sand box, sans sand |
Easton's mama did a fantastic job with the party! It was absolutely adorable with a blue and orange color scheme. They had the party at their neighborhood clubhouse that was attached to the most amazing neighborhood pool I have ever seen! Perfect party place!
 |
| cutest birthday cake |
 |
| Kristen and Elaina - of course Elaina always has a snack in tow |
 |
| Kristen, Kelley, and Stacy preppin the food |
 |
| where the party at |
I attempted to get a picture with Kel and our babes but with two toddlers that was almost impossible. Impossible but definitely entertaining.
 |
| could have been great but it turned out blurry! boo. |
and my favorite pic...
 |
| that's real life for ya. closed eyes, child trying to escape, and a mom pickin a boog! lol. |
 |
| love my stac face and kchap |
 |
| playing peekaboo with Kristen! so freakin sweet! |
 |
| lol. I don't know. I have no words. |
 |
| hangin out with her aunties |
 |
| mmm cake! |
The party was on Friday evening so we had the rest of the weekend to hang out and play. It was full of restaurant going. We went to In-n-Out, some mexican restaurant and Kelley was gracious enough to drive me all the way out to Colleyville for some Costa Vida. It was TOTALLY worth the drive. I thought so at least, I don't know about Kel! Thanks girl. You made all my Costa Vida dreams come true. :)
Along with restaurants and multiple Ikea runs, we took the kidlets to the pool again. I couldn't pass up the opportunity. The pool is literally like a mini water park right across the street from their house!
 |
| wagon ride to the pool. |
 |
| splashin around |
 |
| testin out his sea legs |
 |
| goofy kiddo. she kept filling the bucket up, holding it like a purse, and walking away yelling "bye!" |
 |
| swimmin with my girl |
 |
| mmm Costa Vida. I could go for a pork burrito again RIGHT NOW. |
 |
| gotta start em young! E loved her pork quesadilla. As she should. |
 |
| full bellied babes after dinner! |
This was such a fun trip. Thanks Kel and Jonathan for letting us crash at your house again! It's always so nice to have a place to stay and relax and feels like home! Y'all are the best! And, we loved being able to be a part of Easton's big day!
And...as I pulled away from Kel's house I drove about 15 minutes before realizing I left my Costa Vida leftovers in her fridge. I called her immediately because they were about to leave the house, and I turned my butt around for those precious leftovers! I'm not ashamed, I'm proud of my Costa addiction. Like the amazing friend she is, Kel left my leftovers on the front porch accompanied by a can of Diet Coke for the road! Love her! :)
2 comments:
Haha I love the real life pic. Totally true. And that pool looks amazing!!
I just read this blog post...I love it!!! I am SO glad you and Elaina were able to share Easton's birthday with him! :)
Post a Comment