Thursday, July 12, 2012

can't get enough

 This last Saturday Elaina and I drove up to San Antonio again with my mom and my grandma.  My mom called me spur of the moment on Friday night asking if I would want to make a day trip with her.  Driving to and from San Antonio with Elaina in one day didn't sound like much fun at all, especially if I would be sitting with her in the back seat.  She doesn't fall asleep very easily if someone is sitting next to her.  But, I barely got to see my nephew the day he was born before I had to drive home for work, so I said what the hey!  We got there and Elaina was very curious.  She just wanted to see the baby!  It was pretty cute.  She kept saying "up!" so someone would pick her up and let her see Coen sleeping.  If you put her down, she started to pull up on the pack and play trying to see him.  She would also following whoever was holding him around the house.  It was adorable, until I held him later that afternoon.  She started getting a little jealous I guess and flat out hit me when I was finished holding him!  I was shocked.  That is so out of her normal disposition that I was pretty shocked.  The drive home was bedtime and pretty miserable.  She screamed the majority of the ride home because she was so sleepy.  Crazy girl, just close your eyes!  Oh well, the trip was totally worth it and I loved getting to see Coen again.  It was amazing how teeny tiny a brand new baby is, and it's amazing to see how fast they grow!
saying hi to Coen

"mimi heaven"

holding my nephew.  that girl in the background is a crack up!

1 comment:

HolliJo said...

aw, he is so precious! I feel like our little girls are still babies until I see a newborn, then I realize we totally have toddlers now!!