 |
| me and my hot date |
Last weekend, Houston and I went to the equivalent of "law school prom." It's actually called Barrister's Ball and they hold it every year but this was the first time we've ever been. It's Houston's last semester of school and all of his friends were going, so we thought, hey why not!
 |
| fxing his collar :) |
 |
| Prom Pose! haha - we were just being goofy. totally should have taken this on the stairs! |
 |
| I think I have at least 5 pictures of us just like this. story of our relationship! :) I really do love my whacky man |
 |
| and a real picture, just for good measure |
The ball was held at the Westin Galleria and they had cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. We missed most of cocktail hour because we were running late, but that was fine by us. Dinner was fun; we sat at a table with a bunch of Houston's friends and their wives. Some of the food was rather terrible, the salad dressing was like a funky cream of chicken soup! But, some of the food was good, and we had a fun time. They even had a law school version of "senior favorites," like most likely to be a held in contempt of court, most likely to be a judge, most likely to be a politician, etc.
 |
the guy taking the picture didn't do a great job but oh well kyle, lindsay, jt, noelle, felicia, john, me, and htown |
After dinner and the awards they had dancing!! Yay! Houston's favorite part of any event! So we definitely danced it up for a little while, but it was so weird! I kept getting high school flashbacks. Everyone was grinding on each other. Houston and I were dancing and I told him I felt like I was facing the wrong way. I needed to turn around :) The whole thing just felt weird. Age wise, I'm pretty young, but I definitely felt like an old married mommy that night! But, grinding or not I always have fun dancing with my hubs. Everyone we were there with were old married ladies (and gentlemen) like me, so we all headed out fairly early. We thought about going to the movies but it was already 1130 and we were both pretty tired so decided against the movies but, we still wanted to live it up a little before going home. Houston took me on a hot date after the date to none other than Whataburger...
 |
| he was happy i promise |
 |
| enjoying my chocolate shake! |
It was a fun way to end the night. People gave us funny looks and some girls told me they liked my dress :) I'm so proud of my law school hubby. I'm so glad it's almost over!! And, I'm so glad we were able to have a fun night with all his school friends before moving on.
2 comments:
YOU GUYS are ADORABLE! :) Love all of the pictures...Cristina, you are hottttt stuff! And I love Houston's funny faces. Miss you guys and loved this fun post!
Fun! and so funny that it reminded you of prom. I can totally see that though. I have those oh man I'm an old mommy moments all the time. :) Like when I get mad at our neighbors for playing their music too loud haha. anyways. oh and yes, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress. I'm getting really excited for the roommate reunion. And hopefully hanging out with you guys before then too :). (PS I just applied to a bunch of Houston jobs for Kev. Fingers crossed over here!)
Post a Comment