We had such a fun day today!! Julie, Janet, and I piled in the car and took the kiddos to the rodeo! Maybe I'm a little biased, maybe it's because I grew up going every year, but I love love love the rodeo! And, today was no exception. The weather was great and we had a great time!
 |
| protector Austin and his girls ready to get the day started |
From the parking lot we took a ride on the "big golf cart" over to the carnival/ticket area.
 |
| me and my laina bug |
We got there right around lunch time and I think we were all starving! I was so hungry I settled on a corn dog. It was the first thing I saw so I went with it. It was delicious by all means but now I'm bugged I didn't try some of the better rodeo food like some barbeque, some funnel cake, some roasted corn, something deliciously fried... Oh well, Houston and I are going back next week so maybe I can get my fix then!
 |
| Bubba eating a hot dog before his ferris wheel ride |
When we first walked in Austin saw the ferris wheel and wanted to ride it SO bad! We kept telling him we would after we ate something. So, we go to buy tickets for the ferris wheel and one ride was 7 tickets per person!! That was almost 10 bucks for a ferris wheel ride! Talk about a rip off but I can't say I'm really that surprised. Anyway, lucky for Austin, Nana was very willing so the two of them went ahead and did it.
 |
| haha! throwin peace signs! |
 |
| trying to see the two of them! |
 |
| Kayla found them! |
 |
| Elaina thought it was so much fun! |
 |
| more peace signs! |
After the ferris wheel, Julie had a "special" surprise for Austin. Face painting! At first he was excited, then he saw the little girl in front of him. She got her whole face painted to look like a butterfly and I think he got a little freaked out. When we told him it could just be a little one on his cheek he decided he would go ahead with it. Silly boy!
 |
| that's my guy!! way to represent buddy! |
On the way to the rodeo, I was trying to describe what it would be like, and I told Austin about the cowboys and how they ride horses. He told me he wanted to ride a horse. But, I told him he probably wouldn't be able to ride one today. So, when I saw they had pony rides I got so excited because he could actually ride a horse! At first he was a little nervous until I told him they wouldn't go fast and they were baby horses not the big horses. Then he was all for it! I love this tender hearted nephew of mine! He is just the sweetest.
 |
| riding Red the pony |
 |
| Elaina and her Nana |
Next up, the petting zoo!! Elaina LOVED it! This was what I had been waiting for all day for her. She just loves animals. She is obsessed with Harley, loves petting her, following her around the house, and says doggy or harley all the live long day. So, I knew she would get a kick out of the petting zoo.
 |
| Austin trying to feed the animals. He thought it was absolutely hilarious when they would poop! |
 |
| sweet girl petting a goat |
 |
| checking out the baby animals |
 |
| loving the donkey! |
 |
| just hangin out with Austin and the donkey |
 |
| happy girl! |
After the petting zoo, we went inside and saw baby chicks hatching, baby piglets, big cows, some longhorns, some baby sheep, etc. It was so fun! Miss Mckayla was definitely there but I don't have any pictures of her... well all of my pictures of Kayla are of her backside. Kayla's favorite part of the day was just running around! As soon as you put her down she would book it and just look back at you laughing!
 |
| my baby all tuckered out after a fun day |
3 comments:
oh my gosh your baby is too cute! you are too cute! glad to see life is going so well. loves.
so much fun ! E is so beautiful !! Miss you guys :)
ah I miss the rodeo. So fun that you guys got to go! :) jealous!!
Post a Comment