Wednesday, March 7, 2012

march showers bring april babies

This last weekend was full of baby showers for me!!  I went to bed around 2 on Friday, woke up around 7:45 on Saturday and didn't stop going until 6 that evening!  I warned Houston for weeks leading up to it that I would be gone ALL day.  He would have Elaina ALL day.  Have fun with her because he would take care of her ALL day! haha!  I just didn't want there to be any surprises.  :)  First on the agenda was a baby shower for my good friend Tamra.  We are SO excited for her and Eric to have their first baby girl!!  Tamra's due date is the exact same as mine was (except a year later obviously) so our baby girls will have birthdays super close to each other!  I can't wait to meet her.  I know she will just be beautiful and Eric and Tamra will be the funnest, sweetest parents!!  The shower was at our friend Amber's house and we tried to have all of Tamra's favorite foods to eat.



the food table!

complete with homemade mac and cheese with SHAPED noodles (like wagon wheels!) not elbow macaroni.  According to tam tam this is the way to go!

turkey pesto paninis and cookies wrapped in lace to go with our shabby chic/vintage look.  As I was wrapping cookies the night before Houston told me my cookies were wearing sexy undies.  It was "cookie lingerie."  lol.

a party for tam wouldn't be complete without pie




Some of the party people...
Amber and Angie

Julie and Magan


the adorable mama to be!

trying out the hooded towel I made her! :)

Jana serving some pie while we were opening presents

love my tam tam!

the hostesses

some more of my favorite ladies!
After the shower and helping clean up I booked it from Amber's house over to my office.  We were having a little office baby shower for my boss.  She already has two awesome little boys and is about to have her first little girl!  It was nice because everyone was in charge of something, so I brought plates, napkins, and cups.  I was called an overachiever because I wrapped the silver in the napkins with a pink ribbon!  What can I say? It's just cuter that way!
Christen transformed the office!  It was very festive!

Our table spread.  Oh man, I'm a sucker for those chick-fil-a nuggets!

All the ladies in the office were encouraged to bring their girls with them so Steph could "see what it's like to have a girl."  They were so cute!  Elaina was off with Houston at some restaurant far away so I wasn't about to insist that he bring her back!  It was a baby free day for me :)

Opening some presents!
Stephanie got a ton of adorable girly stuff and I am so excited to meet Miss Carington Grace!!

No comments: